• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds hangs up on Indian calls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds hangs up on Indian calls

Lloyds will start giving out the phone numbers of its branches
    Lloyds TSB, the UK's fifth biggest bank, has said it is closing its call centre in Mumbai - but that back office work will still be outsourced to India.

Customer phone calls will now be answered in its 10 UK call centres and the numbers of branches made available.
    about time...now all we have to do is get rid of the onshore guptas
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    about time...now all we have to do is get rid of the onshore guptas

Comment

It's only the call centre. They're still doing all the back office processing etc. out in India.

The thing I find amusing is that Lloyds are saying this is because of customer worries about their financial details being processed overseas. It's as if the call centre closure will placate them. You know, it's one of these 'watch this hand watch this hand' kinda things.

The reality is they've also closed a call centre in the UK as well. So they are only removing the centralised phone number and dumping the work-load back on the bank staff, the numbers of which were reduced because they started using a call centre. Hence, it's just a cost cutting exercise.

So, all in all just a load of spin that means fsck all, 'cause it don't really even fit the facts unless you squint sideways at it real hard .
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        It's only the call centre. They're still doing all the back office processing etc. out in India.

The thing I find amusing is that Lloyds are saying this is because of customer worries about their financial details being processed overseas. It's as if the call centre closure will placate them. You know, it's one of these 'watch this hand watch this hand' kinda things.

The reality is they've also closed a call centre in the UK as well. So they are only removing the centralised phone number and dumping the work-load back on the bank staff, the numbers of which were reduced because they started using a call centre. Hence, it's just a cost cutting exercise.

So, all in all just a load of spin that means fsck all, 'cause it don't really even fit the facts unless you squint sideways at it real hard .
        At least you'll be able to be understood, and more importantly to understand. In my experience that's the issue most people have with Indian call centres. I've no doubt their knowledge of English is exemplary, however, the strong accent usually makes even a fairly routine call an uphill struggle.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
        X