• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Channel 4 9pm Thurs, I won't be here, but it should make a change from the BBC bs.

Should be interesting, recent scientific studies have noted that parts of the Arctic and Antarctica are actually getting colder.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Yeps, global warming is a big con.

Really so very simple: where do you think all those fsckwit communist wallahs would go but on any anti-advancement, anti-industrial bandwaggon they could jump on.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Listen guys, just because someone says it in a TV show, doesnt mean its true.

This guy brings together a few outdated nuts and the odd scientist trying to make a name for themselves including Nigel Lawson - the guy who destroyed the economy and who isnt a scientist. The guy who directed this film got done by the ITC and Channel 4 had to make an on air apology after his last film saying global warming wasnt true. Every major TV company turned this show down because they all know its rubbish, the only one who would make it are a company called Wag TV who make programmes for Channel 5. Their Channel 4 claim to fame is a programme called ‘Extreme Ironing’

You might think its some left wing conspiracy - but im a Tory voter, this is beyond politics. You have a few people here who earn money lecturing round the world saying that global warming isnt true when actually the consensus amongst scientists is as strong as the one that says smoking causes Cancer.
        Everyone from David Attenborough to Stephen Hawking to the Nasa Goddard Institute for Space Studies to Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, Yale all agree that this is happening, man made and as Sir David King the chief scientist to the govt recently said 'the biggest threat mankind has ever faced'.

?

The big oil companies like Exxon have a lot to lose if we do anything about this so they spend some of their billions setting up groups to convince you the scientists that dont agree when they do - like the people on this show, like the British Scientific Alliance - check them on google if you want - they aint scientists and there is no alliance, they are a business man and a pr man. They are funded by Exxon. Check them out on wikipedia for yourselves.

Did you know that when the IPCC report was released last month Exxon were offering scientists $10,000 each to play down the seriousness of their findings

All im saying is dont take this TV progs word for it, dont take my word for it - find the truth for yourself. And if you ever find someone saying its not true or an organisation then google them with Exxon and see what comes up because the scientists now agree this is happening, its just the journalists and spin doctors and oil companies that dont want you to know the truth.

There is even a website set up by Nasa scientists in their spare time because they were so freaked that the public is being told this is a con. They dont get paid for it, they do it because if the ship goes down then we all go down with it. Check it out at www.realclimate.org

www.exposeexxon.com

Check what the press are saying about this tv programme
        http://environment.guardian.co.uk/cl...026125,00.html

If you are still sceptical, then consider this - Professor Tom Burke from University College London says in the Youtube video below that he has two bits of advice re global warming: 'I say we either tackle it' or I say 'Dont be under 40''
        If you care about your children then you should at least do your best to find out the TRUTH and not what corporations want you to know, otherwise how can you look them in the eye. Find out foryourself.

Check out James Hansen, the head climatologist of Nasa, one of the first people to warn of global warming in 1988, interviewed here about how the Bush government has tried to stop him from going public with his findings
        here
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc4OzpgTOhk

or
        Here is a very concise 6 minute package from Channel 4 News, narrated by Jonathan Freedland that is easy to understand
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DepGoPteau8

cheers guys

Comment

Groover..can you summarise that please in a sentence or two ?
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
            I think he's saying the programme has been funded by oil barons.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
              I think he's an anti-advancement, anti-development, just anti for the sake of being anti closet pinko.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

The skiing in the Alps is crap this winter.

Anyone remember winter in the good old days, when we used to have ice on the car windows most mornings? I don't think I've had to scrape my car much more than five times this winter.

Comment

Global Warming

"Groover..can you summarise that please in a sentence or two ?"
                  OK....
                  Global Warming is real

Comment

I like Global Warming. Any tips for speeding it up?

[V in looking foreward to a warm Spring and a cracking Summer mode]
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X