• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

O Superman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O Superman

Strange song by Laurie Anderson, early eighties

Does everyone one in here hate it as well? Or are CUK users more discerning?

I like it, but I don't know anyone else who does. For example, my wife and son think it is just irritating, my daughter thinks it's scary, and one mate says it is the worse song ever to get in the charts. Even worse than Orville.
    Last edited by wendigo100; 4 March 2007, 09:29.

Originally posted by wendigo100

I like it, but I don't know anyone else who does. For example, my wife and son think it is just irritating, my daughter thinks it's scary, and one mate says it is the worse song ever to get in the charts. Even worse than Orville.
    I bought the Big Science LP for that song. This is the sort of purchase that is well replaced by single-song downloads. O Superman is by a long way the most "listenable" song on the album.
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

It's a sky-blue sky, satellites are out tonight

brilliant, amazing, wonderful album. I'm not big on performance artists but it's a great album. Follow it with Faith by the Cure and enter a new realm of darkness.
      Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

I like it. I recorded it off the radio when it came out and played it continuously for a while. I especially like the bit that goes 'oh George, oh mum and dad, mum and dad ah ah ah ah ah..'
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Check it now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hhm0NHhCBg

Comment

I liked it "back in the day", taped it from the radio in my dingey student hovel, and played it to death. Sounds a bit dated and irritating now though.

"Discovered" this a while back though , in a similar vein.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
              I liked it "back in the day", taped it from the radio in my dingey student hovel, and played it to death. Sounds a bit dated and irritating now though.
              I liked it back in the day, but never bought it so I never played it to death, then mostly forgot about it until that mate brought it up last week as his worst song ever. I've just downloaded it. I'll concede it's difficult to dance to.

Comment

Great bit of 80's techno pop.

"These are American Planes, made in America!"

Cracking lyics.
                Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

Working...
                X