• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NEWS: New social class created

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWS: New social class created

A report written by a banker (who else?) suggests creating a new class - the working poor, akin the American system of poverty:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6416733.stm

"Private firms and voluntary groups should run schemes to get people off welfare benefits and into work, a report will say."

This allows wages to be driven down further as single mums have to complete with the recent and continuing influx of migrants. Inflexible single mums have to take whats given to them - or else.

There is no 'social security' - NI becomes a charity contribution - you'll get nothing if you find yourself jobless.

The State further gives up responsibility - so what exactly do we pay taxes for? Oh yes - the war(s) to feed the City debt machine.

The value of work continues to be devalued.

The only viable career choice is to be a lawyer. Next to that, do something in local or national government administration. Everyone else is on a downward spiral of living standards.

We will have to recreate the work houses. Not as a means of punishment, but as survival. It’s the only way to have a personal cost base the same as the immigrants.

Alternatively, leave the country and be a migrant somewhere else. It’s not easy but my plans are coming along nicely.
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
      The only viable career choice is to be a lawyer. Next to that, do something in local or national government administration. Everyone else is on a downward spiral of living standards.

We will have to recreate the work houses. Not as a means of punishment, but as survival. It’s the only way to have a personal cost base the same as the immigrants.

Alternatively, leave the country and be a migrant somewhere else. It’s not easy but my plans are coming along nicely.
      I kid you not - but I saw in an article Michael Page were recruiting Indian Law graduates to come & work in the UK...
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
      X