• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Music

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music

OK lets get away from this boring contractor drivel...

How are the music projects going.

Is Scotspine playing blues on that good looking mahogany Gibson ?

What about Freaky Dancer's latest release. Where is it in the charts ?

As for me , well we're still practising, and would like a Bassist, preferably with a real double bass.
    I'm alright Jack

I'm doing OK music wise. Currently 5 songs finished for my next CD, and another couple in a state of half-finishedness (is that a word?)
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

We're doing ok - we're in talks with a few people about a few things but these things take a long time before anything may happen.
      Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
        We're doing ok - we're in talks with a few people about a few things but these things take a long time before anything may happen.

organise a festival and headline it yourself.. must be easy!
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

If you just want to get a CD out there, then CD-Baby are the people to get in touch with - http://cdbaby.com/ - don't bother trying to get signed nowadays, there's no point anymore.

Comment

Hey what are these talks Freaky. is that a recording contract ?

How big are your gigs ? pubs or do you fill big halls ?

Cowboy that's interesting, do you have a recording contract ?

Are you famous ?
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
              organise a festival and headline it yourself.. must be easy!
              We've actually been invited to play at some charity festival in Northampton later this month - we're not sure whether to do it or not
              Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                Hey what are these talks Freaky. is that a recording contract ?

How big are your gigs ? pubs or do you fill big halls ?

Are you famous ?
                Punbs and bars mate - not famous enough for the latter yet!!

There's a few lables "interested" but it's mostly promoters. Never speak directly to venues as they are all utter c*nts who think because they work at these places they somehow get to decide whether you are good enough to play there.
                Call the cops

Comment

You sound like you're on the verge of fame Freaky...

What's your biggest audience to date ?

A good measure is when the pubs say you're too expensive for them.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates

Are you famous ?
                    No and no. I do it for the pleasure and get a few CDs pressed up for friends and family. Stopped playing live about 10 years ago, I play all the instruments on the CDs myself and am too much of a control freak to hire anyone else to play my parts live.

This time round I'm possibly planning on using the aforementioned CD-Baby service to see what might happen. They also get your stuff up onto iTunes music store, Yahoo music, Rhapsody, Napster, MSN music and others so it might be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X