• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

c#.NET Print Spooler Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c#.NET Print Spooler Question

Has anyone had any experience using the FindFirstPrinterChangeNotification method found within winspool.drv.

The c# examples I've found on the net are pretty useless, and I can't be arsed to spend the time to convert the VB.NET examples, as I'm feeling pretty lazy.

Specifically, I want to call FindFirstPrinterChangeNotification for a callback whenever a new print job enters the spooler so that I can automatically pause it, rename the printer port to a unique filename and then restart the print job.

Ideas and source code welcome

After 2 days hacking around with code, I've got it all working!!!!!

If any1 ever needs a ref, pm me and i'll drop the code over!!!

Comment

Facing the same problem....

i am facing a similar problem that you faced...

I want to monitor my printer activities. Whenever a new print job enters the spooler I want to automatically pause it, scan the file for confidentiality and then restart the print job if not confidential, else delete it from the list.

Please can you help me me with any ideas or codes...

Comment

Spooler in VB.NET

Hi,

I am looking for VB code for a multi-printers spooler.
        Any help is welcome !

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post

Hi Weltchy,

Please i have a problem. I would like to automatically pause a new job enters the spool.
          Can you help me please.

Comment

I'll post some code shortly. In a nutshell, you need to use the SetJobA function of WinSpool.dll.

Comment

Hi Weltchy, anychance of a peek at some code to get me started on a similar project?

Thanks,
              Pete

Comment

Hiiiiii Weltchy

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post

I am in real hurry about this code..
                let me explain you clearly what i want exactly..
                i need to get the printjob when ever a new print job arrived to the printerspool.Then i need to get the data of that print job and stops that print job and i need to send that data to the dot matrix printer from my application.Could you please help me to finish out this..
                i am expecting a quick reply from you.......
                if you want my mail id here it is..

SrikanthG

[mod]email snipped - if it's not too big, code can be placed here... [/mod]

Comment

Working...
                X