• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A World Without America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A World Without America

A World Without America

They just had the guy behind this on Radio 2... There are plenty of vids on the net that see it another way, would the world be better or worse without America? Utopia or Dystopia? 'The world would be run by tyrants' doesn't really wash with me as I think the US has had a hand in keeping them in place on more occasions than when they have successfully toppled them for good reason.

I'm undecided, discuss...
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Lets discuss a world without Jews.

We have more reading material on this.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ach that makes my blood boil. Bloody propaganda. WTF was the point of that??? Fecking Americans.

Comment

The guy behind it is British!
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          The guy behind it is British!
          Then he should be dragged into the street by his 'gentlemans area', thrown against a wall and shot as an example to others.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            A World Without America

They just had the guy behind this on Radio 2... There are plenty of vids on the net that see it another way, would the world be better or worse without America? Utopia or Dystopia? 'The world would be run by tyrants' doesn't really wash with me as I think the US has had a hand in keeping them in place on more occasions than when they have successfully toppled them for good reason.

I'm undecided, discuss...
            Just in the Middle East the US has previously supported the Taliban in Afganistan and Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

They also used the sale of weapons to Iran to fund the Contra efforts in South America effectivly supporting one "Tyrant" the Ayatollah Khomeini and using the proceeds to try and overthrow a new leftwing democracy in Nicaragua.

They currently support the KSA indirectly via arms sales to the tune of approx $40 Billion since 1990 of which 35% goes back to KSA as "economic benefits". This despite the fact that Saudi is not a Democracy and certainly does not fit with the US view of Democracy. The same can be said of Isreal to a large degree.

Massive U.S. military support of Egypt has coincided with 20 years of rule under Emergency Law, and continues despite regular reports of serious human rights abuses committed by the Egyptian government. The US currently Subsidise Egypt to the tune of $2 Billion a year.

Then you can start including Cuba, Vietnam, Korea etc etc.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

A world without Amercia ! Ja Ja Das wäre so hilfreich gewesen.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

A world without America would have meant a world dominated by Soviet Russia. Sure I know which one I prefer.

Pointless discussion, no major country is exempt from any of this sh!t, and America, bad as it can be is still probably the best of the lot.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

America is a necessary evil for the world.
                  I would like a world dominated by America rather than russia or china.

Comment

There would be no Simpsons?!

Comment

Working...
                    X