• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky TV

I was suppose to be having Sky tv installed today. Took the day off work and lost a days money. At 9.15 this morning got a call from their sub contractor saying one of their engineers had phoned in sick and they wouldn't be able to do the installation today. To say I was a little angry would be putting it mildly but what the feck can you do. I am tempted to send sky an invoice for my loss of earnings. Not a great start to my sky subscription having just switched from Virgin..

At lease they told you. Normally they just don't turn up.

And there are stories of them sneaking up your path and putting a 'sorry we missed you card' through the letter box, whilst you are in.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNamor
      I was suppose to be having Sky tv installed today. Took the day off work and lost a days money. At 9.15 this morning got a call from their sub contractor saying one of their engineers had phoned in sick and they wouldn't be able to do the installation today. To say I was a little angry would be putting it mildly but what the feck can you do. I am tempted to send sky an invoice for my loss of earnings. Not a great start to my sky subscription having just switched from Virgin..

It took me 3 months and about 10 visits (including about 3 cancellations, blokes turning up with the wrong parts, blokes who weren't 'insured to climb that high') to get Sky HD installed properly, working, with the dish in the right place.

An email to [email protected] got it sorted for me

Having said that, Sky HD and the other features - Sky by Mobile etc - are all excellent.

Comment

they fecking well failed to turn up again yesterday. They said they would be with me between 12 and 3. At 3 no one had turned up so called Sky. Apparently the engineer had been out and no one was in which is a blatant lie as I was in all day. WHAT A BUNCH OF COCK JUGGLING THUNDER C*NTS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNamor
          COCK JUGGLING THUNDER C*NTS!!!!
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Par for the course with Sky, I’m afraid. I also had the ‘engineer is sick’ fob-off. An even better one was ‘the engineer has a headache’ That call-out was on a Sunday, so more like the fella had too much Saturday night pop and couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed. The standard of contractors at Sky is appalling. Sky doesn’t even care, I bet there is absolutely no supplier management going on at Sky.
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

I recently had similar tales of woe with Telewest, and BT are in a class of their own when it comes to incompetence so I don't think there is much of an alternative. Much better in the pre privatisation days when there wasn't even the slightest hope of people turning up so there was no need to get angry when they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
                Par for the course with Sky, I’m afraid. I also had the ‘engineer is sick’ fob-off. An even better one was ‘the engineer has a headache’ That call-out was on a Sunday, so more like the fella had too much Saturday night pop and couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed. The standard of contractors at Sky is appalling. Sky doesn’t even care, I bet there is absolutely no supplier management going on at Sky.
                Not with Sky, but with a delivery service, a package for me was returned "address does not exist".
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

the things that really fecks me off is that there isn't really any alternative, at least not if you want to get any decent HD content.
                  The wife is at home today and they haven't turned up yet! Surely they can't **** it up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They have turned up-- a ******* mazing. They need to put the dish up out back and run a cable over the roof down into the front room. I do hope they don't fall and hurt themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X