• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Work

If your client was totally up sh*t creek and needed deadlines met by a certain date, which would probably mean them asking you to do a bit of weekend work.....what is an acceptable mark up for this?

Double pay?
    Treble pay?
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    If your client was totally up sh*t creek and needed deadlines met by a certain date, which would probably mean them asking you to do a bit of weekend work.....what is an acceptable mark up for this?

Double pay?
    Treble pay?
    Double bubble.
    Call the cops

Comment

Double pay?
      Treble pay?
      When I was last working in York, I had time and a half saturday, double time sunday. If your with NU though, they don't normally have weekend work in contracts, thus you'll have to negotiate

Comment

Have you looked at the contract?
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Double pay?
          Treble pay?
          5 euros an hour.

Milan.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Theres no mention of overtime in the contract.

They're not expecting me to do it (I can say no if I like), but I'm not sure how much to charge.

Think it'll have to be double time, and I'll get my agent to knock something together as an addition to the contract.

Cheers all.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

If you're on a daily rate, then that's what you'll get regardless of what day of the week it is.... well that's the way it is in my contract at this bank anyway

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
                If you're on a daily rate, then that's what you'll get regardless of what day of the week it is.... well that's the way it is in my contract at this bank anyway
                Well then I'd not work it. Balls to that! I became a contractor so I wouldn't have to put up with working conditions like that!!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

time and half, after hours and Sat, double time sun.
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

Double pay?
                    Treble pay?
                    My current contract is 1.5X on a Saturday, and double bubble on a Sunday, I thought that was quite generous and was negotiated by others before me. Most contracts I've had didn't mention it and it was down to an informal negotiation job with your manager.

Comment

Working...
                    X