• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensible attitude to drug?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensible attitude to drug?

See the BBC story here

I have long been of the opinion that all drugs should be legal, not freely available, but legal.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

People who take drug probably already have a sensible attitude - its the people who take more than 1 you have to look out for!

HTH
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      See the BBC story here

I have long been of the opinion that all drugs should be legal, not freely available, but legal.
      Does that mean you would welcome the return of opium dens.

Does that also mean you would freely accept your children taking drugs?

Do you think the industrial production of say cannabis with refinement to produce enhanced affects (a-la-skunk) would be a good or a bad thing?
      Just wondering
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

If this happens, I will open the best damn crack house in town!
        Call the cops

Comment

Put it like this, if you want drugs in this society then they're freely available anyway. Is it better to get them through illegal chanels or legal ones?

As for skunk, so what - the long term affects of alcohol are very bad indeed (Not too mention affects on society, links to violent crime etc), and no one is crying for that to be banned. All stinks of hypocrisy imo. And I love a beer.

Personally I've taken my fair share in my youth, and as Bill Hicks said:

I took drugs the other day and had a really good time, didn't rob anyone, didn't rape anyone, didn't jump off a building. The newspaper story is always about this guy who thought he could fly and jumped off a building, well if he thought he could fly why didn't he try to take off from the ground?
          Like anything excess is bad, but in my experience I know very few people who took em who went on to have a problem. And I know plenty who took em, mostly very respectable people, doing professional jobs with no ill effects).
          Last edited by snaw; 8 March 2007, 09:37.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

yeah the big problem is that lack of knowledge about drugs -

I was sat with my in laws a few years ago and the issue of drugs came up - apparently 'drugs' are £25 a 'wrap' and turn you into a mental patient or prostitute.

With this sort of blinkered attitude it is not surprising that when little johnny (who is 23) comes home with a teenth that his Dail mail reading parents flip their lid and kick him out (then go and drink themselves into a stupor on cheap booze - which is ok cos it is legal)
            I know loads of people who are regulary the worse for wear through alcohol (either pissed or hung over) and yet the pot heads tend to be much straighter and achieve more.....

horses for courses but...

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
              Put it like this, if you want drugs in this society then they're freely available anyway. Is it better to get them through illegal chanels or legal ones?

As for skunk, so what - the long term affects of alcohol are very bad indeed (Not too mention affects on society, links to violent crime etc), and no one is crying for that to be banned. All stinks of hypocrisy imo. And I love a beer.

Personally I've taken my fair share in my youth, and as Bill Hicks said:

Like anything excess is bad, but in my experience I know very few people who took em who went on to have a problem. And I know plenty who took em, mostly very respectable people, doing professional jobs with no ill effects).
              Couldn't agree more.

Then again, I tend to agree with you on most things (which might make you rethink your entire belief system) .

You are wise, like owl.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll

Does that also mean you would freely accept your children taking drugs?

Do you think the industrial production of say cannabis with refinement to produce enhanced affects (a-la-skunk) would be a good or a bad thing?
                Just wondering
                Living up to your handle there or are you being serious?

Note: I said legal, not freely available.
                1. Opium dens. Why not? If properly regulated and controled.
                The modern term would be shooting galary. The junkies would have a place to go so no needles in gutters. The drugs would be of a known standard, not cut with drain cleaner. Problem users could be intercepted and helped. Tax would be raised.
                The drug business would no longer be in the hands of gangsters.
                I could go on.
                2. I don't have kids and the following is one of the only questions I have struggled to find an answer for. "How do I stop my daughter taking drugs if she says 'why shouldnt I they are legal', at least I can use the law at the moment".
                Obviously you don't want kids using, but we do have laws for ciggies and booze you know.
                3. Whatever.

The simple fact is that people (including kids) are using drugs. In some ways the illegal staus of said drugs makes them "cool".
                Junkies can't get proper help and are likely to offend to feed their habit.
                Some people are criminalised even though their recreational use is harming no one.

The current system is broken. A radical solution is needed.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  What an excellent works night out that would be
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

I would legalise all drugs and watch crime fall by at least 50%. Most burglary/car theft/petty crime/muggings is for drugs. If they were leagl the price would be no more than 50% more than cost which in most cases is sweet FA anyway. If someone wants to kill themselves because they have no self control, why should we worry?
                    As long as kids are told the negative effects, e.g. depression/ over dosing etc.

Would you ban food so fat barswerards don't eat themselves to death?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X