• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

its all gone t*ts up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its all gone t*ts up!

My new gig s supposed to start Monday... i have the contract sitting in my inbox ready to sign...

Just as i hit the print button the pimp phones up and tells me the clients hong kong office isn't ready and so the work I am ear marked for is not available ... the client don't want me to start monday and instead hold off possibley a week or two weeks...without reimbursement

Guess i got one option really.... get back on jobswerve and if nothing pops up take the original one of it comes along..

this is the second time something like this has happened... so annoying.. and unprofessional!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Get another contract and give them two fingers
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

A spot of arson never hurt anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
        It had nothing to do with it and spoke with client directly, bypassing the EB. Just the project budget not being ready. EB were professional with me too and said they would be in touch if the work was budgeted for again.

Is there any backlash from contacting the client directly? I had a gig ready to sign for when the EB called me back and told me it had been put off for 2 to 4 weeks. I considered contacting the client but was unsure of the consequences? (Would the EB be p****d off with me and block me from getting the contract etc)

Comment

backlash

Shouldn't be, at that stage. The agent's already made their introduction so they'll have the client tied in to paying them if it goes ahead. They'd have to be complete prima donnas to cancel a contract that was nearly in the bag, on the grounds of a breach of etiquette.

Comment

Sorry to hear all this Kramer - you're not having much luck at the moment eh?

I hope you get something sorted soon honey x x x
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

at least i get another couple of weeks living it up!!!
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
                at least i get another couple of weeks living it up!!!

What, before your cash runs out?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                X