• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crime does pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crime does pay

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6434391.stm

One of the UK's most notorious gangsters has been jailed at the Old Bailey for seven years for money laundering offences.

Terry Adams, 52, from Barnet, north London, was worth about £11m but had no work history and was paying no tax or national insurance, the court heard.

So, commit crime worth 11m. Pay no tax and no NI. Not a penny.

Get caught, fess up and get 7 years.

Do about 3 years and then get released.

Who's up for £11,000,000 tax free for 3 years in prison?

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6434391.stm

One of the UK's most notorious gangsters has been jailed at the Old Bailey for seven years for money laundering offences.

Terry Adams, 52, from Barnet, north London, was worth about £11m but had no work history and was paying no tax or national insurance, the court heard.

So, commit crime worth 11m. Pay no tax and no NI. Not a penny.

Get caught, fess up and get 7 years.

Do about 3 years and then get released.

Who's up for £11,000,000 tax free for 3 years in prison?
    Respect
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

They will bring further charges and take all money away: it is much easier to add more time after first conviction is achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        They will bring further charges and take all money away: it is much easier to add more time after first conviction is achieved.
        £11 million is what they can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          £11 million is what they can find.
          Realistically, because his book keeper was assassinated no one actually knows how much, and so I guess no one will ever find it.

But I can predict TPTB will spend significantly more that the sum they ever recover.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Realistically, because his book keeper was assassinated no one actually knows how much, and so I guess no one will ever find it.

But I can predict TPTB will spend significantly more that the sum they ever recover.
            Threaded, old chum, speaking of TPTB, was your brother ever convicted for his alleged part in the "Donnygate" conspiracy?

Comment

Working...
            X