• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fookin British Airways

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fookin British Airways

(and the airline industry in general). <rant>Oh I am so annoyed.
    BA has decided that its cheap subsidiary is not profitable so has sold/given it away to flyBE, anothe cheap airline.
    BA has promised to honour tickets or transfer them to FlyBE.
    This morning I start getting emails to tell me of schedule changes and cancelled flights a few weeks down the line.

I am bloody livid. I booked with BA, not BA connect. They pushed me onto their cheap brand. Now that they have decided their cheap brand is no longer viable they have decided not to honour the tickets they have already sold.
    They are also using some sort of loophole to get out of paying compensation.

I notice that BA have not given up on the routes and slots yet though. The girl on the phone said she would imagine such an important route would be kept on. HOW. If they have genuinely "sold" the business then how can BA still have the routes and slots, surely those are the business.

If BA can't service the route then the route should go up for auction. If they are still serving the route then my bloody tickets should still be valid</rant>
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    (and the airline industry in general). <rant>Oh I am so annoyed.
    BA has decided that its cheap subsidiary is not profitable so has sold/given it away to flyBE, anothe cheap airline.
    BA has promised to honour tickets or transfer them to FlyBE.
    This morning I start getting emails to tell me of schedule changes and cancelled flights a few weeks down the line.

I am bloody livid. I booked with BA, not BA connect. They pushed me onto their cheap brand. Now that they have decided their cheap brand is no longer viable they have decided not to honour the tickets they have already sold.

I notice that BA have not given up on the routes and slots yet though. The girl on the phone said she would imagine such an important route would be kept on. HOW. If they have genuinely "sold" the business then how can BA still have the routes and slots, surely those are the business.

If BA can't service the route then the route should go up for auction. If they are still serving the route then my bloody tickets should still be valid</rant>
    Well, flyBE stopped all their own routes - except to Jersey - last year out of Bristol.

Bristol is (um was) a point of significant use for BAConnect. flyBE are terminating all BA routes by 24th March. Personally I will find this a bit tricky since the last leg of my journey back from russia is a BA flight CDG-Bristol on 25/3. Or rather it isn't.

The rumour I heard a couple of weeks ago was that the slots were going to be sold off - and Stelios was going to buy a bunch of them.

http://www.flybe.com/news/0703/02.htm
    http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/news_and_special_offers/latest_news/article.aspx?newsid={99C81DDB-445A-44E9-A0C9-77B52029A4F4}

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      (and the airline industry in general). <rant>
      Now that they have decided their cheap brand is no longer viable they have decided not to honour the tickets they have already sold.

There was a report in todays Times that British Meditterranean Airways (!?!?) fly an empty flight from Cardiff to Heathrow and back 6 days a week just so they can keep the valuable slot. Its worth more to the airline than putting passengers in the plane

Comment

Working...
      X