• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not ALL bad.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not ALL bad.........

Contractors,

I have been reading threads on here for a while now and understand that there are some recruitment companies out there who do not give you guys the best of service (that is me putting it lightly with out using ****)!

They are dishonest, unreliable, slow and in some cases damn right stupid!

I just wanted to come on here to say that we are not all bad. I do this job because I like finding people new jobs for candidates and to me the contractor is the most important person in the chain. You guy's earn me the money!

If you are not right for the role I have at the moment there is no point in not communicating because I might have another role in 3 months time that would be perfect. If I haven't been professional then I would have burnt my bridges and it is me who is losing out.

I feel that we get given a bad name by the bigger firms who it is all about the numbers not about building and maintaining relationships. We are a medium size firm but deal with some of the biggest companies due to being experienced, honest and provide a quality service. I hope that all (99.9%) of my contractors are happy.

I hope this gives you contractors some hope that there are some agencies out there who hold you guys in high regard and have your best interest at heart.

If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Originally posted by JamieITRecruitConsult
    Contractors,

I have been reading threads on here for a while now and understand that there are some recruitment companies out there who do not give you guys the best of service (that is me putting it lightly with out using ****)!

They are dishonest, unreliable, slow and in some cases damn right stupid!

I just wanted to come on here to say that we are not all bad. I do this job because I like finding people new jobs for candidates and to me the contractor is the most important person in the chain. You guy's earn me the money!

If you are not right for the role I have at the moment there is no point in not communicating because I might have another role in 3 months time that would be perfect. If I haven't been professional then I would have burnt my bridges and it is me who is losing out.

I feel that we get given a bad name by the bigger firms who it is all about the numbers not about building and maintaining relationships. We are a medium size firm but deal with some of the biggest companies due to being experienced, honest and provide a quality service. I hope that all (99.9%) of my contractors are happy.

I hope this gives you contractors some hope that there are some agencies out there who hold you guys in high regard and have your best interest at heart.

If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
    What margin do you normally aim for?
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
      Hopefully the highest possible, just as you should be aiming for the highest rate possible. He is working for a profit making company, not a public service.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Why are you even botherring?!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

It still hurts when I pee.

Comment

Obviously it depends on what type of role it is.

I look for anywhere between £50-£100 per day I know some companies normally try to get as much as they can but this is normally counter productive.

This is due to the fact that the contractor will almost certainly come across the invoice at sometime during the contract period. Too much and the contractor will never work for you again and the likelyhood that the contract will get extended is nil.

I would rather have a happy contractor and client who I work with regularly, than get as much as I can in a 3 month period! If you do the latter you have to spend all your time looking for new contractor/clients and I don't like spending all my time speaking to HR departments!

Comment

Originally posted by JamieITRecruitConsult
              Obviously it depends on what type of role it is.

I look for anywhere between £50-£100 per day I know some companies normally try to get as much as they can but this is normally counter productive.

This is due to the fact that the contractor will almost certainly come across the invoice at sometime during the contract period. Too much and the contractor will never work for you again and the likelyhood that the contract will get extended is nil.

I would rather have a happy contractor and client who I work with regularly, than get as much as I can in a 3 month period! If you do the latter you have to spend all your time looking for new contractor/clients and I don't like spending all my time speaking to HR departments!
              Feck me! A long-termist pimp. You must be almost an extinct species, mate
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
                Hopefully the highest possible, just as you should be aiming for the highest rate possible. He is working for a profit making company, not a public service.
                Who rattled your cage, gobtulipe?
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  Why are you even botherring?!!
                  I just wanted to see his reaction which, frankly, was quite disappointing - I was hoping for a 'mind your own business' style rant

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    Feck me! A long-termist pimp. You must be almost an extinct species, mate
                    Yeah from the posts on here I think must be! Didn't realise there were so many bad IT recruitment consultants out there. I was blind but now I see.

Comment

Working...
                    X