• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filing PAYE Online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing PAYE Online

Does anyone currently file PAYE returns online, and if so, can anyone reccomend a cheap software solution, that will cover everything and also submit the PAYE return for me?

So far, I have looked at CalcPay and Sage Instant Payroll.

I am a novice, so ease of use, and good help guides will be neccessary.

We couldn't find a cheap software solution for an individual to fill out PAYE returns online, so look forward to someone finding something we missed.

The Inland Revenue are offering a large financial incentive for these online returns - £825 over 5 years - £250, £250, £150, £100, and £75.

Our accountant uses sage and we will benefit from the online return financial incentive next year at the first opportunity.

Are you doing your own accounts. If not then I suspect your accountant will be handling this for you.

Rob

Comment

I am using SJD, but I am told PAYE returns are to be done by myself.

CalcPay and Sage Instant Payroll can be both purchased for around £100 and both have integrated online PAYE filing.

Im waiting for my accountant to return from his hols so I can have a chat to him about it, but as I got my New Employers Pack today, I heard about the incentives for online filing, and wanted a piece of it.

Comment

Revenue Accredited Software

For what it's worth, a list of Revenue accredited software is here www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/ebu/acclist.htm

Comment

Re: Revenue Accredited Software

CalcPay and Sage Instant Payroll can be both purchased for around £100 and both have integrated online PAYE filing.
          I am surprised that the software for online filing is that cheap. If you only have to pay £100 go for it.

I am even more surprised that SJD don't do your PAYE. As far as I knew their service was comprehensive.

I'm obviously losing touch

Comment

£100 is cheap? Why pay anything?? What's wrong with the IR's own software for submission? It's free, just click on the correct link. Apart from the odd minor gripe (I would find something wrong with it on principal) it works perfectly well.

I assume you want something to do all the calcs as well plus keep all those daft records one is supposed to keep, amount above LEL etc bollox. Armed with the IR's own payroll stuff any decent programmer should be able to knock that up and the IR's CD even includes a calculator you can check your sums with. With commercial packages you are paying for vast amounts of guff, multiple employees, emergency tax codes, tax credits, student loan repayments etc etc you will never need.

A Cheapskate.

Comment

Hi Morphman,

We do all your returns for you - PAYE included, and we will be doing the on line returns too.

Any queries, mail me direct if you want

[email protected]

Comment

Special reductions for toupee wearers!

Comment

Given
                  > I am using SJD, but I am told PAYE returns are to be done by myself.

and Simon's reply I'm wondering which PAYE you mean - the company filing (which Rhino/************ was referring to) or your personal PAYE return.

Our (************) accountant doesn't include personal PAYE returns in the £50 per month fee but will do them (for anybody) for a fixed fee (detailed on our site). I'll be doing my own though.

Comment

SJD include both types in their fee.

Comment

Working...
                    X