• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bl**dy Hypocrite!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bl**dy Hypocrite!!!

Here

Gordon Brown has attacked Conservative proposals for taxes on air travel....

...He told GMTV: "I am not going to penalise the holidaymaker and I am not going to penalise people who have got to travel for all sorts of reasons on domestic flights. I don't think the Conservative proposals are properly costed or thought-out and I think people will be very angry about that."
    This is from the guy who only a month ago doubled air passenger duty!!!
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Originally posted by Bear
    This is from the guy who only a month ago doubled air passenger duty!!!
    But thats OK. You see that was about revenue it was about saving the planet so it doesn't count.

Comment

Saw something on the BBC news yesterday morning where he was quoted as saying that incentives and encouragement were the answer, not tax. Which amused me given his record.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

but I bet the beeb let him get away with that comment though
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Saw something on the BBC news yesterday morning where he was quoted as saying that incentives and encouragement were the answer, not tax. Which amused me given his record.
          He believes in backdoor taxes

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            He believes in backdoor taxes
            I always thought that Gordon was a backdoor merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              Is he on the square?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Is he on the square?
                Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  That's homophobic, and frankly I'm disgusted by this sort of behaviour
                  Call the cops

Comment

Properly costed!!!??? This from the man who is running massive deficits and has changed his golden rule. He has taken all taxes and put them into general revenue. Taxed dividends! So my little 16month boy has to pay taxes on the dividends within his trust!

The gaul of these politicians.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X