• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it now impossible to say anything

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it now impossible to say anything

Without being labelled racist or homophobic? It seems to me that if you don't follow the state approved line you are the equivalent of a holocaust denier.

Just watch question time these days, all outdoing each other to apologise about something relatively unimportant.

Yours Bagpuss

The racist, homophobic, holocaust denier (if all other argument fails)
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Without being labelled racist or homophobic? It seems to me that if you don't follow the state approved line you are the equivalent of a holocaust denier.

Just watch question time these days, all outdoing each other to apologise about something relatively unimportant.

Yours Bagpuss

Bagpuss, my friend, your are simply experiencing that well worn irritation called political correctness - the pinko liberal do-goody delusionist theory that says it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end. Stalin would have been proud of their ability to surpress any kind of unapproved debate. So, go on, tell it how it is.

Comment

Yes you can say what you want, as long as you don't personally insult people.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Did you know that "AtW is a dense twat" is not an anagram of "My, the weather here in Cambridge is lovely today"?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss

Yours Bagpuss

You can't go through life being scarred that somebody might 'be offended' just becayse they have some neurotic prickly disposition. If they are offended, I say tough sh*t, gt a social worker, get some counselling and get over it. And after you've done that ******* grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
            You can't go through life being scarred that somebody might 'be offended' just becayse they have some neurotic prickly disposition. If they are offended, I say tough sh*t, gt a social worker, get some counselling and get over it. And after you've done that ******* grow up!
            It also help that they have no idea where you are, so no black eye for any crap you spout. If your not prepared to say it to someone face, keep it to yourself.

Comment

The problem is Bagpiss, you are living a lie through a website. Thats all.

Bagpuss the SA Killer.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It just isn't fair anymore. I mean no doubt somebody will call me racist when I talk about the fuzzy wuzzies, red sea pedestrains or the bog trotters or some such expression. There was a time when you could call a spade a spade - oh there I go again. Bugger!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                  It just isn't fair anymore. I mean no doubt somebody will call me racist when I talk about the fuzzy wuzzies, red sea pedestrains or the bog trotters or some such expression. There was a time when you could call a spade a spade - oh there I go again. Bugger!
                  That's homophobic, that!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    The problem is Bagpiss, you are living a lie through a website. Thats all.

Bagpuss the SA Killer.
                    Yes I am secretly in love with you.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X