• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Completing to early

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completing to early

What do you guys do if you get way ahead in a project and still have months left (if the clients non the wiser what stage you are at)?

own up - it's unprofessional to do anything else
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
      What do you guys do if you get way ahead in a project and still have months left (if the clients non the wiser what stage you are at)?
      Why do you think we're all here???
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

In my first contract I'd done the job in a week. It was a 3 month contract and I called my agent to say that I didn't think I could string it out for the whole 3 months. The agent, of course, told me to never let them know.

In the end I stayed there for 18 months, picked up a load of new skills, got some very usefull contacts and have done two direct contracts with them over the past few years.

Comment

Write documentation.

Copious documentation.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Try and read every single post on the "test please delete"!!!

Comment

Relax. Try to think about something else to take your mind off it. And if you can't, remember it happens to all men at some point.

Oh sorry, we weren't talking about that were we?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

'What do you guys do if you get way ahead in a project and still have months left (if the clients non the wiser what stage you are at)?',

why do you think this site exists and what is everyone doing here ?

longest period with absolutely nout to do on a contract for me has been about 7 months !

Milan.

Comment

Clearly you are "too" thick "to" understand the difference between these "two" words.

Comment

Go to the gents and whack yourself off

Comment

Working...
                    X