• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason why you guys don't rule the world anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason why you guys don't rule the world anymore

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6442947.stm

Originally posted by GeorgeGregan
    just b***er off back to your sylvanian waters condo or whatever it is you call your housing estates.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So how long does it take to get from Sydney to Melbourne (1000km/625miles) by train?!? Last time i did it, it took 12 hours

Even Virgin's trains could do that journey in 5 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
        So how long does it take to get from Sydney to Melbourne (1000km/625miles) by train?!? Last time i did it, it took 12 hours

I did that journey when I was there 6 years ago - what a ***** of a journey that was.
        Call the cops

Comment

You should also point out that it's more expensive than flying unless you work for the railways, in which case it's effectively free. But it's more fun making fun of you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            just b***er off back to your sylvanian waters condo or whatever it is you call your housing estates.
            I would dodgy if the likes of you would stop lining me up with 600/day contracts! Don't find too many of them back home.

Comment

I would dodgy if the likes of you would stop lining me up with 600/day contracts! Don't find too many of them back home.
              And you get to do lots of pom baiting! what a life eh? just you wait, we will replace you with Poles who are not only cheaper than you but have prettier women and we can also beat them at cricket and rugby (though they probably have better props than you).
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So how long does it take to get from Sydney to Melbourne (1000km/625miles) by train?!? Last time i did it, it took 12 hours !
                did that journey Mel to Syd in 99, feck me it felt like i could have walked quicker on some parts
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                  did that journey Mel to Syd in 99, feck me it felt like i could have walked quicker on some parts
                  At least I got to see towns like Wagga Wagga!!!
                  IT took bloody ages!! At least I had a Gorgeous Aussie Girl with me at the time!!
                  threenine.co.uk
                  Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Sounds like a third world set-up to me
                    http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...006784,00.html
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X