• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland vs Australia Cricket WC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland vs Australia Cricket WC

Can anyone think of a harder fixture to want either side to do anything but lose?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Erm... perhaps a candidate for the first terrorist attack using a suitcase nuke....?
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
      Can anyone think of a harder fixture to want either side to do anything but lose?
      Not a problem. I don't support Scotland at Football or Rugby, but I won't support Australia at all.

Comment

It's very hard this supporting thing - during the Ireland / France rugger match I found myself cheering the Irish on rather than observing my usual " a pox on both your houses" stance... fecking unbeliveable!

Also Tennis - no chance I will ever cheer Murray on no matter how much the BBC refer to him as 'British'
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Its like when your team gets knocked out of the cup, do you want the ones that beat you to win or to get humiliated?
          "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony
            Its like when your team gets knocked out of the cup, do you want the ones that beat you to win or to get humiliated?
            I used to support them, and then whoever beat them, and so on.

For example, this season my lot were beaten by Blackpool, who were beaten by Norwich, who were beaten by Chelsea.

However, there are some teams I'd never support even if they were playing Al Quaeda, and Spurs are one of them. So if Spurs win the replay against Chelsea, I'd switch over to Blackburn for the semi.

Having said all that, from the teams left I'd prefer Watford to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
              Germany against Argentine in the footy is always a hard one to call.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                I used to support them, and then whoever beat them, and so on.

For example, this season my lot were beaten by Blackpool, who were beaten by Norwich, who were beaten by Chelsea.

However, there are some teams I'd never support even if they were playing Al Quaeda, and Spurs are one of them. So if Spurs win the replay against Chelsea, I'd switch over to Blackburn for the semi.

Having said all that, from the teams left I'd prefer Watford to win it.
                Are you gooner scum?
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                  Are you gooner scum?
                  No, I'm a Franchise Moo-Boy.

The Spurs thing is from when I was a Shed Boy. I stopped going there many years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X