• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marmalade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marmalade

Thanks to all of you who bought my marmalade and were very kind with their praise of it. As far as I know no one has died!

I have four jars left and then I'm afraid that's it until the Seville oranges come back into season next February. If anyone would like to snap one of them up, it's £1 per 100g net, plus the postage, which for a normal sized jar (300-400g) has been between £1.50 and £2.00.

For those who didn't catch it first time around, it's a delicious Seville orange marmalade made with organic oranges. Lots of lovely thick chunks of peel, with muscavado sugar, black treacle, and kentucky bourbon which makes it really dark, full bodied and aromatic. After tasting this you'll never want to buy mass produced, watery, sugary slop that you're hard pushed to tell has any oranges in it again.

I've got three jars in the 300-400g range and one monster one that looks like it would be about 1kg. Just drop me a PM if you're interested.

Nectar from the Gods, I tell ya!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
      Nectar from the Gods, I tell ya!
      Thank you, Cojak, you are very kind.

Comment

Wasps don't like marmalade. They have asked me to ask (since very few are on the internet at present) if you have any raspberry jam.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No raspberry jam I'm afraid. Please break it to the wasps gently. Can you tell them I'll be having a picnic fairly soon so could they swarm around the lemonade and bakewell tarts really angrily to provide that authentic picnic atmosphere?

Comment

I have to say - this stuff redefines (pisses all over) the sloppy neon orange insipid muck we've grown to call marmalade. Top marks LB. I reserve the largest jar you have left. Let me know how much to transfer.

1kg? Wrap it well my son
            Last edited by realityhack; 15 March 2007, 00:00.

Comment

I would love to, but I still can't get past the "internet freak" image I have of all of you.

How do I know that all those posting about your marmalade aren't actualy you.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                I would love to, but I still can't get past the "internet freak" image I have of all of you.

Well, a certain number of us have met each other - and know who I am (or purport to be). Therefore I would have to be LB and Cojak, and I'm sure I'm not. Unless I have multiple personality disorder with no recollection of when LB and Cojak take over.

Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman

I'm the same - I'd absolutely love some nice homemade Marmalade, but I just dont trust that something "funny" hasn't been done in it, as a payback for something I've said to one of LB's alter egos!!
                  How do I know LB isn't really John Galt or Bagpuss!!!

Sorry LB - I'm just so untrusting!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

I'm the same - I'd absolutely love some nice homemade Marmalade, but I just dont trust that something "funny" hasn't been done in it, as a payback for something I've said to one of LB's alter egos!!
                    How do I know LB isn't really John Galt or Bagpuss!!!

Sorry LB - I'm just so untrusting!
                    By funny you mean 'is it supposed to be white in colour?'
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X