• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red Light

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Light

Ran through one of these the other day and got flashed by a traffic camera.

Low and behold got a letter from the Heddlu the other day.

The car is actually in mrs bluebirds name, anybody any idea whether this indiscresion is a punished with a small fine and 3 point or worse ?

If it's worse I may say she was driving !!
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

All motoring crimes are now mandatory jail terms of 1 month.

To make room for all these criminal drivers, lesser criminals such as rapists and murderers are to be punished with community service.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird

The car is actually in mrs bluebirds name, anybody any idea whether this indiscresion is a punished with a small fine and 3 point or worse ?

£60 and 3 points, But the misses got offered to take a driving course instead!
      Cost £100 though.
      l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Think I'd take the fine - I wouldn't stand a chance of passing a course !!

Can I pay the fine from my Ltd Co ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird

Never mind the mother and child you hit due to your lack of concentration, were there any scratches on your wife's car?

Comment

How late do you have to go through one of those red light things before it takes your picture? There have been loads of times when I have gone through a set of traffic lights at what I would consider a close shave, only to see another car or 2 follow me through. Quite often at least one of these sems to have bright blue disco lights on his roof and playing some repetative house style music and a stupidly loud volume.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I must admit I was "late".

In my defence your honour, there was no other traffic - so there was no danger of causing an accident - [ and I was late for picking up Mrs Bluebird - who is not best pleased when left stading on the corner being propositioned by kerb crawlers ]

thats my story and I'm sticking to it, but it was a fair cop

Comment

The thing which bugs me about people running lights has to do with my son being blind. When he is crossing the road he will rely on the traffic lights and will be vunerable to people wanting to save about 30secs off their journey time. I realise that there will always be the odd lapse, but often you see people running lights regularly, especially daaahn saarf.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Generally people don;t give a sh*t.

Every morning I turn right at an accident black spot crossroads, controlled by lights.

My lights are green so pull part way across the junction waiting for a gap. The lights in the N S direction go red, I'm still waiting and the traffic is streaming through, regardless of the RED light.

6 or 7 people are killed at this junction a year.

GGGrrrrrrrrrrr
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

How late do you have to go through one of those red light things before it takes your picture?

I got caught 1.65 seconds after it turned Red. 3 points, £60 fine, great thanks..

Comment

Working...
                    X