• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Tesco jails’ and more DNA testing planned'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Tesco jails’ and more DNA testing planned'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1517389.ece

Just get me out of here......this is scary..!!
    Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

wrong wrong wrong wrong
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

There is already a high number of false prosecutions for shoplifting, this will make it worse.

How about some legislation and quick punishment for supermarkets who overcharge.

How about some legislation and quick punishment for corrupt politicians, city dealers and corrupt bankers.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

shoplifters of the world...
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

big brother!!!
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Tesco Jails

Apparently they're going to give a clubcard so you get a discount. Plus convict one, get one free....and other inane comparisons.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

It's not just any jail, it's an M&S jail.

The retail jail thing is just a flimsy cover for the real purpose, to give the police the final powers they need to assemble a national DNA database by force, with no right of appeal.

Comment

That's why mums go to iceland Jail

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  It's not just any jail, it's an M&S jail.

The retail jail thing is just a flimsy cover for the real purpose, to give the police the final powers they need to assemble a national DNA database by force, with no right of appeal.

The accused was 'wearing a loud shirt in a built up area' your honour.
                  Boom boom boom boom
                  A-haw haw haw haw
                  Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                  Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Well, the People get the Government they Voted For....

Look to me like we are going to see a real hornet's nest of unpleasant little laws curtailing personal freedoms being frantically passed before the next looming General Election.

A case of "get 'em in quick", before they chuck us out.

I suspect the Labourazi's think "If we stay in, then great. If not, the Cons are lumbered with the problem..."

Win-Win for the Social Fascists.

Mark my words, the next thing will be "Home Audit of your Carbon Footprint" where an inspector will assess your lifestlye, ask to see energy usage, utility bills, etc. This will create a Home Footprint Index. Homes that exceed some arbitary figure will see Council Tax increased. Homes that fall within the parameters, will see no Council Tax rise until the audit the following year. It will be sold as "Do you bit to save the planet..and save money on Council Tax too !"
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X