• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Webserver on my iPod!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webserver on my iPod!

Just discovered Portable Apps which allows me to run a bunch of applications from a removable storage device (iPod, Pen Drive etc).

Apps inlcude, Apache Webserver, MySQL DB, Openoffice.org, Firefox, etc!

There are some clever buggers out there with too much time on their hands obviously!
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Originally posted by portseven
    Just discovered Portable Apps which allows me to run a bunch of applications from a removable storage device (iPod, Pen Drive etc).

Apps inlcude, Apache Webserver, MySQL DB, Openoffice.org, Firefox, etc!

There are some clever buggers out there with too much time on their hands obviously!
    Another addition to the contractors toolkit then!

Comment

It don't run on your iPod or whatever, you just hold the apps there and then you run them on a Windows computer. I've been doing this for a while with a versin of Firefox....

A portable app is a computer program that you can carry around with you on a portable device and use on any Windows computer. When your USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod or other portable device is plugged in, you have access to your software and personal data just as you would on your own PC. And when you unplug the device, none of your personal data is left behind.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

a lot of vendors of flash drives supply these with the drive...

I like the one that allows you to take your "favorites" anywhere.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

U3

Kinda like this:

http://www.u3.com/smart/default.aspx

Comment

I run .NET on my wristwatch.

Comment

"I run .NET on my wristwatch."

I was very impressed recently to find Windows XP running on my 9 month old daughters mobile on her cot. Imagine my annoyance though after she pressed the red moon, yellow sun combination and the bloody thing crashed.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That will teach you. Should have bought Apple's iCot instead.

Comment

Working...
                X