• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calculating Available Profits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating Available Profits

Ok, so I've sent this question to my accountant already but:

Available profits: are talking roughly:

co bank balance
    - co. expenses for the month etc.
    - VAT (to be paid)
    - 19% corp tax
    = profit available for dividends?

Pretty much, assuming that you haven't paid any dividends yet and the balance doesn't include corporation tax for the previous year.

I always go on:

total invoiced value for the year so far
    - co. expenses & salary
    - VAT (owed + already paid)
    = profit.

19% is corporation tax, 81% is what you can keep. Subtract the dividends you've already paid and you have the amount you can pay.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

When working out your income for your self assessment, is it net salary or gross salary plus dividends and other income. Not sure how to calculate how much tax I owe on the dividends after its gone over the 38k threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK
        When working out your income for your self assessment, is it net salary or gross salary plus dividends and other income. Not sure how to calculate how much tax I owe on the dividends after its gone over the 38k threshold.

The tax on divi after HR is 32.5 %. Then you have 10% credit. So overall you will have to pay 22.5% from your personal allowance. HTH

Comment

Working...
        X