• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up a Limited - Insurance required?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a Limited - Insurance required?

Do I need to purchase indemnity insurance separately, or is this something that either SJD or NW supply in their fees?

Is there anything else I need for contracting outside of this that I havent considered?

Ta.

Originally posted by Ledge

Is there anything else I need for contracting outside of this that I havent considered?

Ta.
    Almost everything, it seems. Go read the first timer guides on here and at www.pcg.org.uk...

Meanwhile, PI,PLI and ELI insurances if needed will need to be purchased separately.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Is it normal practice to include VAT when stating your turnover
      for the purposes of PI? somebody who I spoke to over the phone
      suggested that you do, but I was unable to find out this on their
      site or from reading their policy conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark
        Is it normal practice to include VAT when stating your turnover
        for the purposes of PI? somebody who I spoke to over the phone
        suggested that you do, but I was unable to find out this on their
        site or from reading their policy conditions.
        VAT is not part of your turnover, it's not even your money, strictly speaking, so ignore it as far as turnover is concerned.

You can keep the difference between VAT charged and VAT claimed if you are on the Flat Rate scheme and that is part of your turnover: if you can estimate it in advance you can include it, but it won't be enough to make much difference to the end result.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

First post:

Just about to move from an MSC to a Ltd. Trying to sort out necessary insurance. What is a reasonable amount to insure PLI for? I am thinking £500,000.

Is IR35 insurance really necessary - and why?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by p902
            First post:

Just about to move from an MSC to a Ltd. Trying to sort out necessary insurance. What is a reasonable amount to insure PLI for? I am thinking £500,000.

Is IR35 insurance really necessary - and why?

Thanks in advance
            Thud, thud, thud....

Read the second post in this thread again. Then follow its advice. Basically you have two weeks to make the switch, I suggest you start reading.

As for how much PLI, how much does your client want you to have? It is only necessary if you are contractually expected to have it, and a lot of roles don't really justify it. IR35 investigation insurance is pretty much a no brainer (don't faff about, join the PCG under PCGPlus) and if you don't know why, you have read enough yet!
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
            X