• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NIXON WILLIAMS, SJD, Accounting4freedom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIXON WILLIAMS, SJD, Accounting4freedom

Hi Everyone are you using the above accountants if yes can you please give me an honest opinion on their services they have provided you with as I am thinking of using them as my accountants but have heard both positive and negative things about each.

Accounting4freedom have said they will match the cost of Nixon williams too.

So would appreciate if anyone using these accountants can give me honest feedback on them.

Thanks

I am in the process of setting up my Ltd with Nixon Williams and they have been very prompt and efficient so far, being a complete Ltd 'noob' I've been on the phone to them every day asking questions and found them to be very helpful so far.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm with SJD and I've had no problems at all with them!

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK
        Hi Everyone are you using the above accountants if yes can you please give me an honest opinion on their services they have provided you with as I am thinking of using them as my accountants but have heard both positive and negative things about each.

So would appreciate if anyone using these accountants can give me honest feedback on them.

Thanks
        Ask Accounting4freedom what qualifications they hold. That would be a good place to start.
        P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

SJD are good by me.

Been with them 3 months - no complaints so far.

I do find their spreadsheets a tad complicated, and would like to have the ability to tailor them a bit more for myself - but I guess that would screw up their accounting further down the line.

Simon - any chance of a fee review now you've got so many additional clients ?
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I've only been with Nixon Williams for a month or so, but have had no problems whatsoever, and my Ltd compnay and Bank account have all been set up.

I'm still awaiting a VAT number but that's down to HMRC, the b*stards.
            Call the cops

Comment

Honest Feedback

Thanks
              I'm not using any of them so I can honestly say I don't know. I use Accounting4justice. I used to use Accounting4AbsentFathers but the CSA caught up with me.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I just spoke to theme Simon your right they say they have qualifications but were emphasisng more on experience of their staff so think will give them a miss.

Comment

I just spoke to theme Simon your right they say they have qualifications but were emphasisng more on experience of their staff so think will give them a miss.
                  I thought as much - any firm that purports to be accountants but then doesn't give you any partner/owner details needs to be looked at very carefully.

I'd be the first to admit that qualifications aren't everything, but they are a good starting point when selecting a firm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
                    SJD are good by me.

Been with them 3 months - no complaints so far.

I do find their spreadsheets a tad complicated, and would like to have the ability to tailor them a bit more for myself - but I guess that would screw up their accounting further down the line.

Simon - any chance of a fee review now you've got so many additional clients ?
                    And would that review be up or down?

Comment

Working...
                    X