• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it with women and IKEA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with women and IKEA?

My missus has just decided to drive 43 (yes 43!) miles to the nearest IKEA store and the only thing certain is that when she comes back, I'll be poorer for the experience and my bloody lounge will look even moe like something from LegoLand.

Retail therapy, my @rse!

They do delicious meatballs with lingonberry jam!

(whatever a lingonberry is).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Having watched that prog about food on 5 last night, you really really really don't want to know what a lingonberry is...
      :
      Well I didn't see it.

But it's a fruit. What can possibly be yuk about it?

tim

Comment

mmmm ikea

go there on a sunday to buy a picture frame

spend five hours stuck behind what seems to be a family day out - you have granny and the kids maybe the kids bring some friends - oh don't forget to chuck in old Aunt Mabel as well

it is a firkin furniture shop not a goddam family day out

dirty chavs

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Having watched that prog about food on 5 last night, you really really really don't want to know what a lingonberry is...

Whatever it is...

And the meatballs will be worse...
          You're thinking of a dangleberry - something quite different...
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
            My missus has just decided to drive 43 (yes 43!) miles to the nearest IKEA store and the only thing certain is that when she comes back, I'll be poorer for the experience and my bloody lounge will look even moe like something from LegoLand.

Retail therapy, my @rse!
            I need my whole house decorating ... furniture the lot.

I might rent myself out offering to take care of peoples wives and take them to IKEA so they can spend cash on useles crap.

My fees are exactly the same as what they spend

Comment

Luckily my wife has good taste and would not be seen dead in IKEA.

Tat for Chavs.

Comment

The one in Wembley is horrendous - IF you can park - the showroom has a natural flow anticlockwise around the tat as you walk in. I like walking the other way, bumping into people, avoiding screaming kids that are taking a dump on the furnitures or eating the plastic fake fruit...

...a Saturday from hell, fortunately even the wife hates going so it was a one stop wonder thank ****...

Dispaired at two kids who tried to turn on the plastic LCD fake telly...and cried when their chav production machine shouted at them it was a fake...
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Good God do you mean you are people who buy their own furniture?

You're as bad as the Heseltines

Alan Clark

Comment

Internet shopping was invented for a reason

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X