• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Buying Nightmare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Buying Nightmare

Selling my flat in Bethnal Green. Made a nice tidy 40k to use for deposit which allows me to look in the 280k - 300k mark for a new 1 bed in the same area.

Can I find anything? Anything that is still on the market is cr@p and anything worth buying is gone in a morning.

Whats going on here. Gentlemen, the East End is still a dump. WTF is it impossible to even find anything remotely decent for this money.

Spoekn to someone on the 350-400k mark and having exactly the same problems

I dont want to move anywhere where I have to commute but hey, I dont want to live next to mr and mrs Pit Bull breeder either.

Sunny "Ranting" San
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan
    Selling my flat in Bethnal Green. Made a nice tidy 40k to use for deposit which allows me to look in the 280k - 300k mark for a new 1 bed in the same area.

Can I find anything? Anything that is still on the market is cr@p and anything worth buying is gone in a morning.

Whats going on here. Gentlemen, the East End is still a dump. WTF is it impossible to even find anything remotely decent for this money.

I dont want to move anywhere where I have to commute but hey, I dont want to live next to mr and mrs Pit Bull breeder either.

Sunny "Ranting" San
    Jeezzuuuus - 350-400k for a 1 bed flat in bethnal green!!! I flogged a 1 bed there for 70k in 99 (had it during the nineties slump, desperate to get shot of it) and I was surprised when it was resold for twice that three years later - but 350k is mental.

Apart from us grasping scheisters and city bonus bufoons, does anyone in britain live in a house they could actually afford to buy anymore?

Comment

Sunny "Ranting" San
      Oops, shock of OP made me post twice!

Comment

£280k for a 1 bed flat?!!!

We paid that for our 3 storey, victorian house!

And to be honest, in beautiful Northumberland, you could get acres of land for that!

You London lot are absolutely, utterly, mad barking whoop whoop mental!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
          Apart from us grasping scheisters and city bonus bufoons, does anyone in britain live in a house they could actually afford to buy anymore?

Yep, those of us who dont live in the South East are doing so quite nicely thankyou
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I dont want to move anywhere where I have to commute but hey, [i]I dont want to live next to mr and mrs Pit Bull breeder either.
            So find a job close to where you live. The huge rates in the city include a commute/silly house price factor: you take one, you get the other.
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

yikes !

sunnysan is it really worth it ?

Milan.

Comment

Sunny why don't you look to buy somewhere up the Liverpool Street line, Broxbourne or somewhere, 30 mins into town and 300k will buy you a house.

http://www.propertyfinder.com/cgi-bi...&tm=1174300707

edit: the more I think about it the more I think we are in for a crash. A sh1thole is never really worth 300k even in todays market. Money is cheap, that's all that is fuelling this, as soon as money becomes expensive (which it soon will) , 300k will be a substancial amount of money again.
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 March 2007, 10:41.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Why not rent, it really isn't expensive, and when you compare remember, any interest you pay, is down the drain as rent is. Only the part of your mortgage paying off the property is an investment.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Doomed!

Or is it Boomed!

tulip, I lose track.

PS, You can get a house in Tower Green in Middlesbrough for £21K. Property is still cheap see.
                    Last edited by DimPrawn; 19 March 2007, 11:19.

Comment

Working...
                    X