• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat Query

Odd query guys but here goes. I have noticed a stray cat outside the flat for a couple of days every week. Decided that next time I saw it I would feed it and look for its owners as it does seem somewhat lost and hungry, no collar etc.

This morning he/she was outside and looking rather famished, I gave it a good feed and have resolved to do something about it. Tried the RSPCA and they said to knock on all the neighbours doors and see if it belongs to them … FFS. Done and no, they did not recommend anything else.

I am happy to take it to a vet next time I see it, probably next morn as it will want a feed again, to check for a chip. However if there is no joy is there anything I can do?

The flat is too small for a cat to be honest, plus I’m not home enough to justify keeping a cat.

Has anyone had the same sort of issue, and what did you do about it?

Cheers
    "Wait, I still function!"

On this board someone will advise you to throw it in the river in a bag full of bricks.

Instal a cat flap?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The Cat Protection League will try and rehouse it for you.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony
        Odd query guys but here goes. I have noticed a stray cat outside the flat for a couple of days every week. Decided that next time I saw it I would feed it and look for its owners as it does seem somewhat lost and hungry, no collar etc.

This morning he/she was outside and looking rather famished, I gave it a good feed and have resolved to do something about it. Tried the RSPCA and they said to knock on all the neighbours doors and see if it belongs to them … FFS. Done and no, they did not recommend anything else.

I am happy to take it to a vet next time I see it, probably next morn as it will want a feed again, to check for a chip. However if there is no joy is there anything I can do?

The flat is too small for a cat to be honest, plus I’m not home enough to justify keeping a cat.

Cheers

Being very interested in pussies, I just realised you're talking about the wrong type so I'll shut up an go away.

Comment

Cheers
          Cat pie with fava beans and a nice Chianti?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ahhhh poor little thing

I think the little kitty has chosen it's new home - best stop saying the flat is too small, and start working out a place to put a litter tray.

Cats dont take up much space - they tend to sleep on top of you anyway!

Ah go on keep it - they're such adorable creatures, you'll get so much back in return.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
              Being very interested in pussies, I just realised you're talking about the wrong type so I'll shut up an go away.
              Is that you Jaws? Did you get banned again?!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Wanted a cat for ages SA, really though: one bedroom, one bathroom, living room / kitchen.

I will keep it of there is nothing that can be done, just that I’m out of the flat at 7:00 am and back by 9:00 pm.

As the flat is in a block a cat flap isn’t feasible as there are 3 doors to get through!

Always said when I move its first thing on the list, looks like I may need to adjust through
                "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  Ah go on keep it - they're such adorable creatures, you'll get so much back in return.
                  Yes, toxoplasmosis usually.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wanted a cat for ages SA, really though: one bedroom, one bathroom, living room / kitchen.

I will keep it of there is nothing that can be done, just that I’m out of the flat at 7:00 am and back by 9:00 pm.

As the flat is in a block a cat flap isn’t feasible as there are 3 doors to get through!

Always said when I move its first thing on the list, looks like I may need to adjust through
                    Hmm - that might be a bit of a problem for the kitty then, if it's used to being an outdoor cat, it might be a bit cruel to lock it away for most fo the day.
                    But then again, if it's been abandoned, then it'd love a lovely home. Our 2 are indoor cats and they love it - they just sleep all day anyway
                    Get it a little furry cushion to sit on, and something that smells like you next to it, and possibly some little cat nip toys, and it'll be happy as larry!

And you'll also be amazed at how soon you find yourself a new job in order to be home more to play with it

Ahhhhh - well done on being chosen, you must be very special - cats aren't daft!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X