• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I found this site...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this site...

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/tubediy/bbs.html

It's populated by people even sadder than we are...

They've got the asylum bit right...

And yet you still managed to find it ZG
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/tubediy/bbs.html

It's populated by people even sadder than we are...

They've got the asylum bit right...
      I'm so sad I went and looked. Found someone asking what could cause hum on a valve.

Heater-cathode leakage, any fool knows that.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Why not correct them i.e. light blue touch paper, and retire...
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          What gets me is the earnest discussions about the musicallity of various types of valve... seems to depend on the position and type of getter.

And the pros & cons of Ultralinear versus Triode and Pentode connection...

Most of which seems to miss the fact that the output valves they are talking about aren't pentodes at all but are beam tetrodes.

But why spoil the fun with facts, eh?
          Well, sure, but you can't expect kids to know the difference.

Anyway they're basically the same thing: the suppressor grid is normally connected to cathode, as the beam plates are internally. They both fix the secondary anode emission caused by the positive charge on the screen grid; and they both introduce the same non-linearity that forces you to say goodbye to single-ended Class A (the real valve sound).
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
          X