• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could I be caught...IR35 that is?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could I be caught...IR35 that is?

OK...new question that has probably been asked at least a thousand times but here is the scenario.
    In Sept07 I will have been contracted to the same company for 2 years. BUT, My role, project I work on and my base location have changed 3 times now. The last change was July06 onto my present role & project.
    I also went Ltd in Jan06 if this makes a difference. Am I gonna get caught by IR35 or whatever they are trying to call it in Sept or have the clocks been reset at some point during my ventures...

Originally posted by Ratty
    OK...new question that has probably been asked at least a thousand times but here is the scenario.
    In Sept07 I will have been contracted to the same company for 2 years. BUT, My role, project I work on and my base location have changed 3 times now. The last change was July06 onto my present role & project.
    I also went Ltd in Jan06 if this makes a difference. Am I gonna get caught by IR35 or whatever they are trying to call it in Sept or have the clocks been reset at some point during my ventures...
    No. Duration has nothing to do with IR35 (or with employment rights either, come to that). If you are caught now, after two years, you would have been caught on Day 1.

I suggest you go back to the first-timer guides - looks like you need to brush up on the rules.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks again. Think I will be sending a copy of my contract to SJD for review..

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty
        Thanks again. Think I will be sending a copy of my contract to SJD for review..
        Or read the first-timer guides???
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
        X