• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, who is going to be brave...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, who is going to be brave...

and move their payment arrangements from their current MSC to a new PSC and call it 'Hiding-from-Gordo Limited'

Note the double entendre

Who is going to be Chancellor if Gordo becomes PM? Do you think Ed Balls will get the job? Plenty of material there methinks

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
      Who is going to be Chancellor if Gordo becomes PM? Do you think Ed Balls will get the job? Plenty of material there methinks
      Alistair Darling. Put money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
        Mr Balls has stated very clearly he doesn't think he's qualified since he's only been an MP for a short time.

For which read "After 10 years working as Gay Gordon's right hand man, I can see the incoming disaster and don't want to be sat in his chair to take the blame when it happens"

Good bets are Darling and Straw - both of whom have very apt names, I just realised!
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Who is a greedy capitalist now?

Originally posted by Denny
          and move their payment arrangements from their current MSC to a new PSC and call it 'Hiding-from-Gordo Limited'

Note the double entendre
          why dont you just go paye and pay your due NI and Tax like a good girl instead of behaving like the greedy capitalist that you so love attacking in other threads.

i can smell a whiff of hypocrisy from you Denny.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I recon Denny is a New Lie stooge and is desperately trying to say the right things.

Good morning everyone, can we all be nice to each other please!
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 21 March 2007, 10:18.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Have I missed something?

Oi Denny!!!
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 21 March 2007, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                why dont you just go paye and pay your due NI and Tax like a good girl instead of behaving like the greedy capitalist that you so love attacking in other threads.

i can smell a whiff of hypocrisy from you Denny.
                Pretty neutral on this as I ain't tax resident but your post made me think - what is actually wrong with hypocrisy when it comes to the position one adopts in regard taxation, and it's avoidance?

I think hypocrisy gets a bit of a bad press!

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
                  Pretty neutral on this as I ain't tax resident but your post made me think - what is actually wrong with hypocrisy when it comes to the position one adopts in regard taxation, and it's avoidance?

I think hypocrisy gets a bit of a bad press!
                  Where's your social conscience?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    Where's your social conscience?
                    Oh I get by in that department! I was just struck by the use of 'hypocricy' as an unequivocally damnable trait - lack of moral fibre and all that.

Are we not all hypocrites to some extent? We all well maybe not some on here) have a social conscience that would make us think that forcing little kids to work in near slavery is a bad thing but we pretty much live with the knowledge that a lot of what we wear is produced in that way. Is that better or worse than taking a wee bit of defensive stand on tax?

I was just wondering whether 'hypocrite' deserves to be the big bad slur it is generally intended to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X