• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ir35

Worrying about IR35 has stopped my hens from laying

Originally posted by Burdock
    Buy a cockerel instead of shagging them yourself.

Churchill - In "use the substitution clause" mode!

Comment

Oh No!!!!!! Damn that HRMC - when they come between a man and his eggs it's time to take action! Should we storm the building?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Tell them to join PCGfH

Comment

Chicken Stew sounds good...

Comment

Why are you worrying about IR35 anyway Burdock? Are you being investigated or something?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              Why are you worrying about IR35 anyway Burdock? Are you being investigated or something?
              Nah, but I have a pessimistic personality when it comes to money

I have just joined the PCG. I will throw myself upon the mercy of their insurance should the unthinkable happen. But after studying all of the posts here for a while, I'm worried that the insurance will refuse to pay out as I 'haven't taken enough steps to protect myself'. Not easy when the bulk of my income is from 9-5 office contracts, with just a little bit from fixed price direct to my limited company. Oh, and the money from the eggs

How is your investigation going, SA?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                Buy a cockerel instead of shagging them yourself.

Churchill - In "use the substitution clause" mode!

The cockerel buggered off to Monaco for tax reasons.

Someone has to <gulp> keep his pillow warm.

Comment

Nah, but I have a pessimistic personality when it comes to money

I have just joined the PCG. I will throw myself upon the mercy of their insurance should the unthinkable happen. But after studying all of the posts here for a while, I'm worried that the insurance will refuse to pay out as I 'haven't taken enough steps to protect myself'. Not easy when the bulk of my income is from 9-5 office contracts, with just a little bit from fixed price direct to my limited company. Oh, and the money from the eggs

How is your investigation going, SA?

They sent a letter a few weeks back (not sure if I posted about it or not) disputing that my year working in Manchester (which is the year being investigated) was NOT a temporary workplace, and therefore I couldn't claim for any of the expenses incurred there!!
                  I travelled back and forth from Newcastle to Manchester every weekend, stayed in a temp flat down there, only worked for the client for 14 months in total, but they were claiming that it wasn't a temporary workplace.
                  SJD said "just reply to them saying that it WAS a temporary workplace" (jeez, thanks for your help there SJD, fecking knackers), so thats all I could do really.
                  Sent a letter back explaining that of course it was temporary, I wasn't an employee, I kept my house in newcastle and travelled back there every weekend, all my expenses from down in manchester (and travelling between the two) should be allowed.

This was about 4 weeks ago and haven't heard since.

Its taken them about 9 months to get to this stage of actually disputing something! And they're using the expenses route to try and shaft me with IR35 aswell, so I've got to be really careful that I win the expenses battle. Once I've wont that, I cant see how they can come back with IR35 really.

Once I get a conclusion I'll post the whole saga and get a sticky on it in legal or something. I'm feeling failry positive about it though, as I think I've done everything right. Nothign to fear but fear itself and all that!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

The cockerel buggered off to Monaco for tax reasons.

Someone has to <gulp> keep his pillow warm.
                    Don't for get your mile allowance for you travel to the allotment.
                    It will be to short a journey for a car, so buy a push bike with a wicker basket and a bell. You can get 5p a mile.

They you will need to install electrics and broadband in the shed to keep in contact with your other business affairs.

All these tax rights offs you will be minted

Comment

Working...
                    X