• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stamp Duty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stamp Duty

Anyone think he will up the threshold for 1% to 300k, in his budget?

Originally posted by Diestl
    Only one thing certain - more Stalinist (oops, sorry) stealth taxes

Comment

If they do I will be sending the treasury a letter asking for some stamp back that I paid in June last year, I will use the 'Gordon Principle' as my agurment, if they can back date anything so can I !

Comment

Not likely is it?

Comment

reduce to 200k more like

Comment

That'd be good if you want to buy a studio flat in London.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Fortunately it buys a 3 floor detached house in Scotland

Comment

I would love them to, Id like to spend £300k on a place so SD of £9k, if I only spend £250k its £2.5k, takes the bloody piss really!

Comment

No.

He'll up the threshold for 0% to 150k for "low income families". In London the only effect will be a few people saving £1500 buying their off-street parking space.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Do labour actually give a tulip about anyone other than people on a "low income" or no income apart from their dole money?

Comment

Working...
                    X