• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Promises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promises

Last night I made a pledge with a fellow smoker - shook hands, witnesses, the lot.

On May 1st we both stop smoking. We pledged that if either of us light up after that date - we would make a £100 donation for each and every cigarette smoked/lit, to a charity/fund of our choice.

It has to be a charity we'd rather die than give money to.

I chose The Labour Party. My colleague chose the Muslim Council of Great Britain.

Wish me luck.

I'm supposed to stop smoking on May 1st - it's my 30th that day, and I've always said I'd give up when I hit 30.

Probably won't though.
    Call the cops

Comment

Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
        I'm supposed to stop smoking on May 1st - it's my 30th that day, and I've always said I'd give up when I hit 30.

Probably won't though.
        Want in on this deal? Choose a charity.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
          Want in on this deal? Choose a charity.
          I'd end up a grand down by lunchtime mate!!
          Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
            Last night I made a pledge with a fellow smoker - shook hands, witnesses, the lot.

On May 1st we both stop smoking. We pledged that if either of us light up after that date - we would make a £100 donation for each and every cigarette smoked/lit, to a charity/fund of our choice.

It has to be a charity we'd rather die than give money to.

I chose The Labour Party. My colleague chose the Muslim Council of Great Britain.

Wish me luck.
            I nominate the Camden Wheelchair Bound Black Lesbian Feminists Collective Benevolent Fund.

Comment

Working...
            X