• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody listening to Cameron?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody listening to Cameron?

Pretty good I think at the moment.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

The Opposition leaders reply is the toughest role to play on Budget day. They have to ad-lib the whole thing. Very little chance to study the speech.
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Has he mentioned DEBT yet?

The driver of all that Gordon is praised for.

Comment

It was good, but I was watching it through BBC2 and they cut him off at his prime. Went to Parliament channel to see it through.

Dimbers, Robinson and Evan never made any comment on it but simply salivated on the generosity of their masters...

...switched off in disgust. Maybe they made a comment afterwards but I didn't see. brown and bliar tried to look disinterested but after several interruptions, he did make mention of the brown spin on figures: using brown's own measure of performance 10 years ago on current economy, despite record investment in education 40% of kids cannot read etc

Sadly, all we'll hear now is how ol' one eye is such a benevolent clown by reducing income tax as everyone is too thick to work out the effect of NI levels, PFIs, fiscal drag, tax relief on dividends, fiscal drag of house price increases on inheritance tax levels etc etc etc
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Actually he was pretty good and quite funny also. Must admit I was impressed with some of his adlibs. The lib dem guy was dull as dishwater.

"Dimbers, Robinson and Evan never made any comment on it but simply salivated on the generosity of their masters..."

I hate that about the media. Why can't we have people out there who tell it like it is. Brown dropped the tax level but took away the lower end bit. Corp tax comes down but only for big business - for the little guy (and we all know how mych NL love the little guy) he puts it up. How is that encouraging startups etc when he taxes the life out of them in their early days.
          Last edited by BoredBloke; 21 March 2007, 16:03.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Just nicked from the beeb..

He said the Labour Party were "just realising their next leader has the tendencies of Stalin and the poll ratings of Michael Foot".

But he added: "Let me tell you what your real problem is, it is not that you are a Stalinist who holds all your colleagues in contempt - although I have to say that probably doesn't help - it is that you have wasted money on an industrial scale."

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Some more nuggets...

Mr Cameron accused the Chancellor of "wasting" billions on public services. Mocking Mr Brown's recent dental work, he said details of the borrowing figures had been delivered "through gritted teeth".

Mr Cameron said: "They may have been whitened, they might have been straightened, they might have been privately polished - he spent all that money on his smile but he won't even give us one."

Borrowing over the next five years will total £153 billion, Mr Cameron said. "He's built up a pile of debt, so once again where's all the money gone?

As Mr Brown and the Prime Minister talked on the front bench, Mr Cameron said "they are having their annual conversation".

In a reference to Mr Blair's appearance on Comic Relief with Catherine Tate, he added: "I don't know why he bothers talking to the Prime Minister, the Prime Minister's not bovvered anymore."

He said the Labour Party were "just realising their next leader has the tendencies of Stalin and the poll ratings of Michael Foot."

He said Mr Brown did not point out the savings ratio which had halved, business investment as a share of GDP was "going backwards" and below 10 per cent. The overall trade deficit was also up. He said Mr Brown had "barely mentioned" the Lyons report on local government.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
              X