• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income Tax

With the top rate going to 43k and lower basic rate, and also higher small biz tax is Gordo trying to make being inside Ir35 less of an issue?

Yep.

Good news. You won't be much worse off paying IR35.

Bad news. You won't be any better of being outside IR35

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
      With the top rate going to 43k and lower basic rate, and also higher small biz tax is Gordo trying to make being inside Ir35 less of an issue?
      But doesnt the £43k not kick in till April 2009, over 2 years away ?

Comment

as does the 22% corp tax, so you're still better offoutside till then.

also we all know that just after Inc Tax cut comes a hike in NI...
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
          Eh? Higher rate allowance from April 2007: £39,825.

Higher rate allowance from April 2009: £43,000

Rate of increase 3.9% pa. That's below inflation. Gordon Brown is a conman who uses two year's worth of inflation to pretend he's actually increased allowances in real terms. He hasn't.

Don't fall for the hype.

Still, I like scrapping the 10% band. Simplification is good.

Comment

well it is obvious is not it - make it less of a benefit to run a ltd co becuase lets face it actually regulating IR35 must be a nightmare for HMRC

they almost seem to be saying sod IR35 but make it less attractive to run a LTD co over an umbrella (sorry profesional employment services provider)

overall they get more money for less effort.......

it does sort of clarify the situation for contractors in that you now have 2 ways to work (well 3 if you include PAYE with the agency).

i guess it is going to come down to personal choice as in how much do you really want that extra 5/10/15% of your invoice value.

how much effort are you willing to put in?

Comment

does this mean we are allowed to rape the current system until 2009?

Comment

fill yer boots son!

Comment

Think i'll be increasing my rates to reflect the changes put forward by the budget come my next contract renewal in May....

Comment

Did you not see that the NI upper band is being moved to 43k as well - i.e. more NI to be paid?

Gives with one hand, takes away with the other

Comment

Working...
                    X