• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordo's action against "artificial" companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordo's action against "artificial" companies

So what action is he likely to take?

"Speaking during the Budget, Mr Brown said: "Changes I will announce later in this Budget will also improve the position of the self employed. But I do need to act to deal with individuals artificially incorporating as small companies to avoid paying their due share of tax, a practise if left unaddressed would cost the rest of the taxpaying population billions of pounds. And I will take action in a way that will not raise the tax burden on the self employed and small businesses overall."

I feel named and shamed
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot

"Speaking during the Budget, Mr Brown said: "Changes I will announce later in this Budget will also improve the position of the self employed. But I do need to act to deal with individuals artificially incorporating as small companies to avoid paying their due share of tax, a practise if left unaddressed would cost the rest of the taxpaying population billions of pounds. And I will take action in a way that will not raise the tax burden on the self employed and small businesses overall."
      The man is a c**t. Can't wait for him to be our illustrious leader, the w*nker.
      Last edited by freakydancer; 21 March 2007, 14:46.
      Call the cops

Comment

SmallCo Corp tax is going up from 20% to 22%. Perhaps he meant that.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          I feel named and shamed
          You'd better watch out or Gordon's "Big Fist" will be coming your way (oooo err missus)

Comment

"Changes I will announce later in this Budget will also improve the position of the self employed"

How do any of his measures do this - how do they improbve the position of the self employed?
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"But I do need to act to deal with individuals artificially incorporating as small companies"

"And I will take action in a way that will not raise the tax burden on the self employed and small businesses overall."

How will they in a simple way differentiate between the first and the second type of "small business"?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                How will they in a simple way differentiate between the first and the second type of "small business"?
                Poor Gordo... he's gotten himself in a right bind here. He'll just end up penalising everybody due to the actions of the minority.

Comment

You'd better watch out or Gordon's "Big Fist" will be coming your way (oooo err missus)

Every cloud has a silver lining
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

So do you pay up for ir35 SA?
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X