• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon the "Tory Slayer" and his "masterful" Budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon the "Tory Slayer" and his "masterful" Budget

Well, according to the Daily Mirror anyway.

We are rarely treated to the thoughts of the Mirror on CUK - I didn't realise it was still published. It seems they're not too hot on numbers.

Christ on a bike!

I just RTFA and can't believe anyone is that stupid they'll believe the propaganda.

Churchill - In "Now I know why I don't read the Daily Mirror" mode!

Comment

Anything written by this poisoned dwarf is so pro-liebour and twisted that it's laughable.

Oonagh Blackman
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

well you could send your considered response to [email protected]
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

lads,

being a neutral, outside the UK I have to say, to the layman,
          GB's budget speech read very nicely and the Mirror article only
          confirms that

Milan.

Comment

furthermore,

NOBODY can deny the prosperity of the last ten years and the financial
            stability of the last ten years

we all talk about financial crashes and house price crashes, and cynically a lot of people want that to happen as it has in the past so that those who have enjoyed economic success of the last ten years get some of the medicine past generations have had

however, one has to wonder, no matter what the sceptics say, the economy has done well for the last ten years, people are well off, house prices are high, and people feel rich and when people feel rich they feel good

concluding this, I have to say again, looking at things are they are, house prices are up, white and brown goods are down, UK has not had booms and busts for ten years, even the most sceptical must accept these facts

can the magic continue, that's another question, and one has to begin to wonder if NL's formula for the last ten years is working so well why can it not continue ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              furthermore,

NOBODY can deny the prosperity of the last ten years and the financial
              stability of the last ten years

we all talk about financial crashes and house price crashes, and cynically a lot of people want that to happen as it has in the past so that those who have enjoyed economic success of the last ten years get some of the medicine past generations have had

however, one has to wonder, no matter what the sceptics say, the economy has done well for the last ten years, people are well off, house prices are high, and people feel rich and when people feel rich they feel good

concluding this, I have to say again, looking at things are they are, house prices are up, white and brown goods are down, UK has not had booms and busts for ten years, even the most sceptical must accept these facts

can the magic continue, that's another question, and one has to begin to wonder if NL's formula for the last ten years is working so well why can it not continue ?

Milan.
              Play fair Milan. Let us at least get our breath back from SAs wind-up before you start another one.
              Boom boom boom boom
              A-haw haw haw haw
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

I have heard it said, that in the future we will look back on these times a golden era

MB advises: capitalise on the new money around instead of spending it

Milan.

Comment

Not Only is Brown Like stalin, but he seems to have employed Hitlers Propaganda machine, this budget truly is historic!!
                  Last edited by cykophysh39; 22 March 2007, 09:37.
                  threenine.co.uk
                  Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

I have to say, the tax cut was a masterpiece

for the political spectators amongst us, this tax cut stroke
                    must have taken the wind out of the Torie's sails

if NL continue like this they'll achieve their historic third term

it's hard for any sceptic to argue,

the fact is, thanks to house prices everybody is rich

and thanks to the falling prices of white and brown goods
                    everybody can buy as much of what they want as possible

in the 80's a vcr was more than a month's wages today
                    a dvd player is an hour's wages

do the maths

feel the force

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X