• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whistleblower

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whistleblower

Anyone see this last night?

Funny as, much of it was the normal behaviour you'd see in a branch or call centre at any bank - but some heads will roll following this programme.

I'm going to check my current account in case I've 'volunteered' to upgrade to an additions account.

Some of it was a shocking breach of the banking code though.

A question about covert recording - most subjects of the programme had their faces obscured, and I'd imagine you'd need a release form to be signed to show faces - but the key offenders were on show to the world. Can they waive the normal release process where the individuals are the subject of a criminal investigation?

Originally posted by realityhack
    Anyone see this last night?

Funny as, much of it was the normal behaviour you'd see in a branch or call centre at any bank - but some heads will roll following this programme.

I'm going to check my current account in case I've 'volunteered' to upgrade to an additions account.

Some of it was a shocking breach of the banking code though.

A question about covert recording - most subjects of the programme had their faces obscured, and I'd imagine you'd need a release form to be signed to show faces - but the key offenders were on show to the world. Can they waive the normal release process where the individuals are the subject of a criminal investigation?
    As I've said before, why do people use Barclays? they charge £15 a months for an account not as good as a free one from Nationwide. They charge banking fees for everything. Nationwide et al are charge free.

I think I might open a shop selling Emperors new clothes, looks like there would be a massive demand given all the mugs out there.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Why would anyone use natwest or barclays ? They pay interest rate of 0.001% or something like that.

Comment

I have an account with Nationwide, one with CA - and am moving everything over to Nationwide soon, as Barclays are a proper shambles.

Was asked to go forward for a role there recently - would have been an ok earner but I've heard what it's like to work there.

Comment

It put sunny Sunderland on the map again though

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Saw this and wasn't surprised in any way but I think a lot of joe public will be a bit shocked. Massive propaganda from the banks through sponsoring charity, adverts etc etc does influence peoples opinion.
            They are all at it, it's called up-selling, tag people with one thing and push everything else you can at them.
            1800 people in one call centre and all the people in branches are paid for by something. Trouble is, it always seems to be the financially nieve/poor people who get manipulated by this.
            Another set of b@stards to add to a growing list.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
              Another set of b@stards to add to a growing list.
              How big is your list Luke?

Oh no, am I on it after yesterday?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Seems obvious you are smart and good fun Sal - that puts you on the 'people I like' list, since these 2 qualities seem to be rare !

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
                  Seems obvious you are smart and good fun Sal - that puts you on the 'people I like' list, since these 2 qualities seem to be rare !

Wow!!!!!

How you doin'?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

It proves my point.. that in the dark world of dodgy practices we agents are sheer amateurs compared to those well organised experts called large corporates. And we are the ones who need regulating ?????
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X