• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can we get this cash?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get this cash?

Although he said the rate of corporation tax for small firms would rise, the revenues raised would be recycled to "legitimate businesses investing for the future".

Small firms will be able to claim a new 100% relief for new capital investment up to £50,000, claim a new tax credit for environmental investment, and the tax credit for research and development (R&D) will rise to 175%.
    I want some of this. Can I get it?

Of course not.

But I can!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

what is capital investment

buying cars, equipment, property ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        what is capital investment

buying cars, equipment, property ?

Milan.
        It is buying London, Paris or Tokyo or for you: La Paz
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I plan to allocate some funds into research and development (R&D) on how to get the next gig.

Comment

I think ther budget mentioned "plant" - whether that means flowers for the wife or a JCB to get back and forth to work wasn't elaborated on...
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Do pay attention. It means that is you spend a lump of money in a way that fits the rules, you don't have to pay CT on it. You don't actually get any extra money up front. Nor do you have any more money when you've finished, unless your return on investment is very good indeed.

So what can the average OMB buy for £50k that is directly and wholly necessary for his business, I wonder. A gold-encrusted laptop perhaps?
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I think Gordo means that if as a small business you are going to keep your profits in the business, expand it, take on staff etc etc, then I suppose the incentives can apply. Conversely he is saying that small ltds who take all the profits out as divvies (i.e. most of us) can get stuffed. So much for his "small companies are the engines of growth in the UK" speech. No acknowledgement that although many of us choose to take out profits, they are all course redistributed in various ways back into the economy, which is still a good thing. We still contribute to GDP one way or the other.

But no, this is just the imposition of Gordo's will above all else. He's all heart isn't he?
                "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  I want some of this. Can I get it?
                  Probably - but you need to spend it first.

Comment

Can I spend the £50K on .NET Assemblies developed by
                    my Plan B Ltd company?

My Plan B Ltd does not fall under IR35 and I can split the
                    returns against the 3 shareholders who watch daytime telly allday.

Is this possible?

Comment

Working...
                    X