• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Director service agreement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director service agreement

Hi,

Where can I find cheaper Director's service agreement? I went through a few websites and they charge around £50 per document. Is there any cheaper place to buy it?

Regards

Liley

ebay?

Comment

I've got some in my boot...
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Hi,

We can offer you two types of Directors agreement. One if you are paying yourself minimum wage and one if you are paying a smaller directors fee. We can send you these for £25+vat

Comment

why does one need Directors agreement
          Is it a requirement now ?

Comment

Do have or not to have?

Originally posted by andy
            why does one need Directors agreement
            Is it a requirement now ?
            Sorry for late respond. I was away. It is all about director's salary. When paying 5035 per year and rest of profit withdraw as dividends. In case of tax control, taxman can argue that salary was not enough to cover life expenses and can insist on treating dividends as salary = more tax and NI to pay. If you have director'e service agreement you can agree on board meeting every year a director's fee (salary) and it can be 5035 this year. On the other hand, if director is not only office holder but a worker, the National Minumum Wage is playing a role here. ....but what if we state that he is working part time at NMW?

What is better: do have service agreement or not to have one? Can I use director's service agreement, when director is actually a worker or does it need to be employment contract in this case? Does anyone know?

Comment

None knows?

Originally posted by liley
              Sorry for late respond. I was away. It is all about director's salary. When paying 5035 per year and rest of profit withdraw as dividends. In case of tax control, taxman can argue that salary was not enough to cover life expenses and can insist on treating dividends as salary = more tax and NI to pay. If you have director'e service agreement you can agree on board meeting every year a director's fee (salary) and it can be 5035 this year. On the other hand, if director is not only office holder but a worker, the National Minumum Wage is playing a role here. ....but what if we state that he is working part time at NMW?

What is better: do have service agreement or not to have one? Can I use director's service agreement, when director is actually a worker or does it need to be employment contract in this case? Does anyone know?
              No opinions?

Comment

I'm sure 99% of us have no such thing (or have ever heard of it). It seems a bit of a minor worry compared to IR35.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by liley
                  No opinions?
                  Quite a lot actuall.y See here. http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...tml#post210202

Comment

Working...
                  X