• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

another permie thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another permie thread

i have been consulting for a software company that provide financial forecasting products..

its a really small start up with venture capital backing
    they want me to go on board as "Lead tecnologist" to basically take over everything to do with computers and prod dev!!

I will be a team of one initially...

Money is reasonable but meanstaking 2/3 of what i take as a contractor..

however its ground floor stuff with share options...

which could be massive..

the director and chairman have great pedigree and the small team are very impressive i can't see it not being massive...

but then i have a contract to start on monday and its just more money and new technology right now!!!The permo company is phoning me constantly... i have really impressed them somehow and they and the chairman wants me to stay with him and his family in france next week to discuss strategy..

oh dear.....what do i do...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Originally posted by kramer
    i have really impressed them somehow and they and the chairman wants me to stay with him and his family in france next week to discuss strategy..

Go and then bang his daughter* while you're there. That way you will truly discover how impressed with you he is.

* or his wife if she is under 18
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

what is the product that the software firm use? does it have legs?

Comment

provides modelling for P and L forecasts and then chunks it all up into excel...
        for planners to fiddle with (thats a really basic description)
        its for accoutnacy firms etc... but has a real load of sweet technology and invention that can be packaged for the big five whihc is where they are heading...

It has a lot of legs i think
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Which one is going to be better for getting your life in order honey? I think you need to look at lifestyle over money eh?

Take which ever one will make you the most happy, ragardless of any other factors.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

does happiness pay the bills oooop north luv ?

Milan.

Comment

Like SA says, take the route which delivers the most tax to Gordon Brown.

HTH

Comment

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Comment

Oh dear indeed. One should make ones own mind up and not really discuss such things on a bulletin board where other employees, directors and some investors come for a bit of a laugh.

I'm sure D will be quite impressed...
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

provides modelling for P and L forecasts and then chunks it all up into excel...
                    for planners to fiddle with (thats a really basic description)
                    its for accoutnacy firms etc... but has a real load of sweet technology and invention that can be packaged for the big five whihc is where they are heading...

It has a lot of legs i think
                    interesting - got a website i can look at?

Comment

Working...
                    X