• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

falling asleep at your desk...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

falling asleep at your desk...

has anyone ever done this ? Just caught myself dropping off....
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Only after sex.

So no.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I haven't but my ex manager used to do it alot. One day I actually took a picture of him. A team member was also showing him how to do pivot tables - for the 500th time. He actually fell asleep during the training.
      He was eventually made redundant.

Comment

i worked with a BA recently who constantly nodded off.....

he was worried why everyone in the office had such loud coughs !!

suckafool!
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

He's on his final written warning now you know

... goss from the 'inside'

Comment

Not yet, but I can feel it coming on...
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I contracted for a client once who left one of their employees setting up a demo whilst they were doing a presentation to a large prospective client. When the execs all moved over to the other room for the demo this guy was fast asleep at the PC.

He go sacked, but it was very funny for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                has anyone ever done this ? Just caught myself dropping off....
                Well, where I'm working now the work is very "snoozey" but I try to only sleep during lunch break.

In my first job after graduating there was this bloke who came in in the morning and almost immediately went to sleep.
                There was a suspicion that he was given to over-indulging in recreational drugs. No-one (apart from management) ever woke him up as he was a complete @rsehole.
                Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

I once demo'd a system for the MD of a very big investment bank in Docklands. He came down to my desk followed by two of his lackeys carrying his crown & sceptre etc.

He sat next to me at my desk with the staff standing behind him and I proceeded to show him how my whizzy application could help with fixed income tracking. At the end I turned round to see if he had any questions and he'd conked out.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

did on my first contract, long drive, late nights sorting out my wedding and a fecking boring contract meant i'd be frequently nodding off some days.

Only other times i've slept at my desk was when I was a permie, a few too many pints after work, miss the last train so i'd just sleep at the office
                    Also did it a few times when I was on all nighters fixing server failures
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X