• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mileage Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage Rate

Do you guys ask the client what their mileage rates are or do you just claim your own rate?

Squeeze as much as you can out the agent/client, as long as you get the gig. Then you pay yourself the mileage allowance of 40p for first 10k miles 25p thereafter. Otherwise you would have to declare it on your SA.

I think its been 40p and 25p for three years now where's the index link in this allowance?????

Comment

Ask the client. They will have a rate they are going to pay. You could charge then £50 a mile but I doubt they would pay it.
      Last edited by Sockpuppet; 11 December 2013, 20:42.

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of the IR rules but the question is, do you just ask the client what their rate is or invoice them say 40p per mile or something?

My last client paid 60p

Comment

You can charge YourCo 40p/25p as per the rules (actually you can charge what you like, as long as you pay the BIK if you go above that level).

YourCo can only charge the client whatever the agreed rate is between you, typically they will pay YourCo the same as they pay their own non-company car owning staff - for example, MOD it's 28p per mile to start.

So ask the client, they won't object to telling you - the difference between the two, if thee is one, is a CT offsetting loss anyway
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks. It's 40p....

Comment

Originally posted by mictech
              Otherwise you would have to declare it on your SA.
              And those permanent markers are a bugger to remove!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                And those permanent markers are a bugger to remove!
                We could use body paints instead, then scrub you down later.

Comment

We could use body paints instead, then scrub you down later.

Taxation just got interesting
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Then you pay yourself the mileage allowance of 40p for first 10k miles 25p thereafter.
                    Been 40p then 25p for donkies.

Just realised I only claimed 40p for the first 4000 miles not 10,000 when knocking up some extra expenses for the previous accounting year.
                    "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Working...
                    X