• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal benefit using company money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal benefit using company money

I'm quite new to this contracting/ltd co lark (>6mths) and am trying to think of ways that I can use my company money & that I will personally benefit from.

So far I have:

I support a local Premiership rugby team. They have a corporate player sponsorship scheme. In brief, co pays £750 & gets 2 season tkts (£450), playing shirt (£50), 2 tkts to end of season meal & a few other perks.

If I kept that money in my Co bank acc, Gordon the B@stard would take £150. So in effect, the above is costing me £600 (well, that's how I like to look at it)

Also, being a private pilot, I'm considering making an investment into a flying club I use quite frequently. For this, I would get £10 per hour off my flying (app £200-£250 a year). Though the investment value wouldn't rise by much, the perks more than make up for it.

Does anyone else have any ideas/schemes/ways of using the co money for your own fun? There must be dozens!

Give a Loan to the Labour Party.
    Before you know it you will be a peer of the realm with access to more totty than you can shake a stick at!!

hth

The Rt Hon A. Darling
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DrV
      I'm quite new to this contracting/ltd co lark (>6mths) and am trying to think of ways that I can use my company money & that I will personally benefit from.

So far I have:

I support a local Premiership rugby team. They have a corporate player sponsorship scheme. In brief, co pays £750 & gets 2 season tkts (£450), playing shirt (£50), 2 tkts to end of season meal & a few other perks.

If I kept that money in my Co bank acc, Gordon the B@stard would take £150. So in effect, the above is costing me £600 (well, that's how I like to look at it)

Also, being a private pilot, I'm considering making an investment into a flying club I use quite frequently. For this, I would get £10 per hour off my flying (app £200-£250 a year). Though the investment value wouldn't rise by much, the perks more than make up for it.

Does anyone else have any ideas/schemes/ways of using the co money for your own fun? There must be dozens!
      At best the sponsorship is entertainment and you'd have to show that you actually used it for entertainment of clients.

It can't as far as I know be offset against corporation tax and you will have to pay Benefit in Kind tax if you use the tickets yourself.

Hope that helps you.

Comment

Boredsenseless,

You're assuming that I'm going to tell anyone of the perks. As the Co name goes into the programme every week, I could have a go at calling it advertising.

Comment

Sponsorship is a valid marketing expense imho...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

The sponsorship bit is marketing, But I dunno about the tickets. I think you'd have to prove that you tried to wine and dine customers, potential customers but there just weren't any around!

I doubt the flying club would be a valid expense.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

it all sounds like borderline embezzlement to me

Comment

Working...
              X