• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Gibraltar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Gibraltar

I am taking up a 10 month contract out in Gibraltar from the end of April and have been told that the best way to sort out getting paid is to set up as a limited company out in Spain (better tax breaks than the UK). Does anybody know if this is true and if so, know how to go about doing this?

I looked into working in Gib a while back. Consensus seems to be that you live in Spain and work in Gib. The commute is easy as long as the border stays open!

If you are going to set up a Spanish Co. then get profesional advice in country and don't try to do it all from the UK.

One thing to be aware of, Spanish Co.'s are required to deposit share capital in the Co. account on incorporation. Currently approx 3000 euro's.

You will also need to get a Spanish accountant and either employ an agent in Spain or be prepared to travel there to sign the paperwork infront of the local Notary.

This site has a good run down on how it all works.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks for that, very helpful indeed. I have a feeling that the website link you sent will become somewhat of my bible in the coming weeks!

Comment

Working...
      X