• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Find me a Pimp with a brain and I will......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find me a Pimp with a brain and I will......

...... show my @rse in the market!.

Went to an interview for a gig. Pimp gave me the wrong postcode so my Sat-Nav landed me in the right place but 2.5 miles away. Needing to be there at 10.00am, as it said on the pimp's email, I turned up 20 mins late profusely apologising to be told the interviewer had arranged to see me at 11:00am!

Is it just me they hate?

There are good and bad agents out there. And good and bad contractors.

Sorry you had a bad experience - hope you get the job. Let us know...

Comment

I get sent for job where I used to work - had an informal chat with big cheese - job's a good un. Goes to see HR man to sort out rates, he asks me "why do you want to come back as a permie?"

"Didn't the agency explain that this was a permanent role?"

Full morning and half a day's pay wasted

Comment

Originally posted by Royston Vasey
        I get sent for job where I used to work - had an informal chat with big cheese - job's a good un. Goes to see HR man to sort out rates, he asks me "why do you want to come back as a permie?"

"Didn't the agency explain that this was a permanent role?"

Full morning and half a day's pay wasted
        been there done that, half way through interview HR lady starts talking about 'pensions and benefits' etc...
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I can't understand why HR are involved with contractors at all - after all they are supposed to be looking after their permie staff, not third party suppliers.

It should be supply chain rep - preferably someone who knows the client to EB contract inside out by the time your interview comes up. Problem is, that these large corporations see one man band limited as perma temps not bidding companies.

Comment

It does drive me mad too!
            there are a couple of good pimps out there but the majority of them are failed estate agents!!
            threenine.co.uk
            Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

NTA

Never trust anyone!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                Pimp gave me the wrong postcode so my Sat-Nav landed me in the right place but 2.5 miles away.
                Perhaps that's what happened to our currently captured chaps in the gulf. The gaffer gave them the wrong postcode and the sat nav did the rest....

Comment

believe it or not, it's the good estate agents that end up in recruitment. It's what they aspire to. Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it!

Comment

recruiters make money out of contractors hard work - we do the work they get paid for it ... seem to me they have plenty of brains

Comment

Working...
                    X