• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most unpopular England Manager ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most unpopular England Manager ever?

(Football Manager)

Is it:

McClaren

Ericsson

Alf Ramsay (managed to remain unpopular after World Cup win, well done)

"Turnip" Taylor

Other (please specify)
    Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Gotta be Taylor but Mclaren will come a close second.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

The FA could give this guy a go. He looks up for it:
      http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1...zycoachcv1.gif

Comment

Possibly Ericsson was the best manager England ever had. Certainly in terms of consistency
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The thing is, we have changed managers and the performances are still bad. I watched the first half on Saturday night and we were rubbish. All we seem to do is punt the ball from the back which then misses whoever is up front. We are supposed to have 2 world class midfield players in there but we seem to be trying to bypass them. I think whoever is in charge of England has to look at the team and realise that you cannot have both Gerrard and Lampard in the same side essentially playing for one spot. If we had 2 world class goal keepers, would we play both of them? Actually I think this guy might, but you know what I mean. Why not drop Lampard to the bench and introduce a bit of competition for places.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Dare I mention Glenn Hoddle? He has yet to be overtaken in the 'foot in mouth' Handicap hurdle
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

http://www.thefa.com/England/SeniorT...stings/2003/09

Interestingly El-tel comes out on top though relatively few games. Erikson looks pretty good too.

Comment

But it was Gerrard doing much of the "kick around midfield for a while, the odd one-two with defence, then punt it up to whoever can be arsed running for it". Seem to recall him doing the same for liverpool not so long ago, and maybe still does? Very strange tactic with lanky Crouch sitting it out.

I think they just lack flair and a bit of invention and rely too much on Rooney to provide it. Same as we did when Gazza was around.

Seemed so obvious that we needed some proper wingers to open up the 11 man defence Israel fielded. Playing one of them (Lennon) on the wrong side of the pitch was ridiculous.

I think turniphead tailor is just ahead of McLaren at the moment as worst manager of recent times. Should have had a complete change after Ericsson just to be sure.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Possibly Ericsson was the best manager England ever had. Certainly in terms of consistency
                  Ericsson was the best manager in terms of fleecing the England supporters - he took a cool 5 million quid as his golden handshake - just think !

FIVE MILLION NICKER - for watching that lot try and kick a ball up and down the park !
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 27 March 2007, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    Ericsson was the best manager in terms of fleecing the England supporters - he took a cool 5 million quid as his golden handshake - just think !

FIVE MILLION NICKER - for watching that lot try and kick a ball up and down the park !
                    He should at least have been made to work for it. Maybe managing the womens team or something, though with his track record with women maybe not. How did the ugly git manage to pull Ulrika and friends, it can't be his witty personality. Must be hung like a donkey or they were cheap.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X